The Darth Popsicle! VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads

Finnish college gunman kills 10

A gunman has killed 10 people at a college in the town of Kauhajoki in Finland before shooting himself and later dying in hospital.

Media reports named the gunman as Matti Juhani Saari, 22, a trainee chef at the vocational college.

The suspect posted a video of himself on the internet last week firing a gun.

As a result of this, police interviewed him on Monday but decided they did not have enough evidence to revoke his licence, the interior minister said.

The minister, Anne Holmlund, said an investigation would now try to determine whether mistakes were made.

Prime Minister Matti Vanhanen said this was a "tragic day" for Finland.

The attack echoed a shooting spree at a Finnish school last year which left nine dead, including the gunman, who had also posted an internet video.

How sick in the head can people be. If you can't live with your sorry self, put the f$%ing gun in your mouth, pull the trigger and be done with it. Why involve innocent people just because you're a moron and have no life?

I don't get it.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't get it either, it's so sad seeing that such things are happening over and over again, and the gaming industry will again be made responsible for it.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think this time it will be the streaming video internet services that will be in the headlines as giving these people a forum to express their thoughts to a wider audience.

I personally don't really understand why any civilians need hand guns anyway. For hunting you need a rifle. Hand guns have only ever been for personal defense or to shoot others. If they banned hand guns world wide it would sort a lot of problems out.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!