Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

Most logical adventure games

This post goes after the Simon the sorcerer 4 where Harrison gives the example of the first puzzle: putting a glass of milk in the wordrobe to pass to the other world.
    I prefer logical games where you have to think and not try to click and test everything.

so what adventure games do you think are the most logical ones (amiga/PC/all)

Fo me, i find these very logical games:

- 7th ghest
    - 11th hour

(both were excellent, puzzles were great, and you had to think were you would click, the graphics were all 3d at the time created i think in 3DStudio (DOS) and when you pass the mouse pointer it didn't show the name of the object and you did not know if there was interection with that object or not, so you could not click in everything because you didnt know witch parts of the screen would interect. Brilliant i think. You had to use your head.

for me those were the 2 best adventure games ever, if you can called them adventure.... it should be puzzle/adventure maybe
    A500 - A600 - A1200

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    For me the Broken Sword games contained some of the most logical puzzles. Each area presented situations that were more life like than many other point and click adventures, and often the solutions to puzzles were very logical and you could work them out just by examining the scene and seeing what was going on. And often they contained amusing elements such as blocking a chimney so the guard would come out coughing.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Wiseguy Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd say Universe was fairly logical. I remember there was some trial and error here and there but also that the solution made sense even if I had to stumble onto it sometimes.

The more recent Safecracker games are very logical as they're puzzle games in the same vein as 7th Guest, only in a far lighter atmosphere. I recommend those by the way if you like this type of game.

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    The most illogical adventure game of all time is Life!!!! created by God, screwed up by everyone around you.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would have to suggest Shadow Of Memories as being highly logical. The sequence of events that you need to do to prevent yourself from dying are wonderfully put together, especially as it has to be completed by travelling through different time zones.
    This is not a signature

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I bought Shadow of Memories when it came out on the PS2, but never finished it. I think at the time so many games were being released that were worth getting that I bought most of them and many got played for a bit, then shelved for later. I really must go back and play them when I can. But first I must finish developing my latest creation in Spore... Too many games!

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    But first I must finish developing my latest creation in Spore... Too many games!
    Hark at Victor Frankenstein. You can almost see the lightening and hear the crackles of electricity whilst he rubs his hands together shouting "It's Alive!!!!!" (The number of exclamation marks in his voice just prove how mad he is). Probably changed his wife's name to Igor as well.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    NO! I'm reserving that for our first creatio... I mean child!