Mostly Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Champions of Krynn

Downloaded this beautiful game, I remember it fondly. I had never played Death Knights of Krynn, or Dark Queen of Krynn, so I wanted to start with the first one, and work my way thru the rest. However, at the very beginning of Champions of Krynn, you have to enter a town called Throtyl, or something like that. I keep getting a Red box screen, and flashes that there is a software error. It then goes back to workbench. Could it be my settings? Is it the file I downloaded? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you playing on a real Amiga or an emulated one? Are you using disk images or a WHDLoad file? If you're using disk images then which ones? If you are using an emulated Amiga then make sure your setting are for a A500 1MB RAM. Do not increase the disk access speed as this can cause errors also make sure that you have the CPU setting to Match A500 Speed.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry about that, more info would have been better, I wasn't thinking. I am running an emulator. Winaue to be exact. I am using disk images. I created a virtual harddrive, and harddrive installed the game. I will try with different settings, I probably have it set too fast. I belive I have it set to match the 500 speed, but other settings I'm not sure. Will come back once I play around with it. Thanks for the heads up.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wouldn't use the HD install from the disks as it can be very tempremental especially as you're not using the original disks. Use WHDLoad instead. Try this for a complete install. If that fails try loading using the disk images. It's a good game and well worth it (If you get stuck D/L SaveED from the main page (yes i've added it at last) and use my editor functions.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Bul, thanks man, I created a new configuration to match the 500, game runs perfect now. I never have had any problems with the HD install, so will stick with that for now. Thanks man, your a life saver!

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sa rite. Good to see someone else who likes the Goldbox series.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I completed Champions of Krynn back in time, and I loved it. I also never played one of the other Krynn games, but mainly because I didn't know there were any at the time. After CoK I played Buck Rogers: Countdown to Doomsday, also an SSI RPG, and I also enjoyed that one a lot.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    And next on my list for a saveed file.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD