Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It definitely sounds like he is trying it on. For me I would probably steer clear of selling hardware to anyone in another country these days due to not being able to do as much if things like this happen.

You do have to be very careful in item descriptions and try to give as much clear information as possible. I think you really should have stated in the auction that "the card will only fit in a towered A1200 and will not fit into a standard desktop A1200 without modification." That would have covered you against the problems you now face. Sadly there isn't much you can do at this late stage.

The other bad thing is that ebay/paypal can just refund the buyer from your paypal account without warning and you then end up minus that amount from your account, and can end up without the item or the money. This happened to my wife a couple of years ago. She sold a Nokia mobile to someone for £50 and the guy was pressuring her to post it to him as quickly as possible, so she posted it with the last post on Saturday at the delivery office, so could not get proof of posting. He then claimed the phone never arrived and paypal just refunded him the money from her paypal account and she wasn't able to do anything about it. She she lost the phone and the money. Bad!

Ebay is not good these days when a buyer is dishonest as sellers just don't have any powers to fight their side of any arguments and disputes.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not always true (but 99%) I once ordered a GF4600TI from ebay. Once it turned up I found it was a std GF4200 and so far from the spec sold. I scanned a picture of the card with the sticker and it clearly shows that it is a 4200 and not a 4600TI.

I gave all the information to paypal and they still sided with the seller! There are also annoying me now, by trying to make me upgrade to a business account when I dont want one!
    :thumbs: Amiga, Wii Amiga on wii! SORTED! :thumbs:
    [img]http://www.my-wii.co.uk/wiibanner.jpg[/img]

Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    UPDATE

Hi All,

It appears that my perseverance and patience has paid off! I managed to get the idiot to drop the dispute after 4 long days, but sadly at a cost! A £50 refund! Grrrrr!

Still, I suppose that's okay seeing as he was mad enough to pay almost £400 including the postage for the Apollo 1260. I managed to box him into a corner as he was trying to mess me about and kept changing his mind about closing the dispute but I just warned him of my rights and I think I put it into very clear and concise terms. I think I worded as well as a solicitor would have. I think maybe he thinks I am a solicitor or something lol!

Still, I've learned a very valuable lesson here, and that's to treat every buyer on ebay like they are idiots and overdo it on the information and leave no loopholes for twisting things as this guy has definitely twisted it anyway. Still, i'm happy with the result as I still got a very good price for the card. I also presume that now hes closed the dispute he can't reopen it for that item? I think i'm going to stop him bidding on any other items I sell in future just in case as I dont want this happening again.

Thank you all for your unbiased opinion and your support. I feel that I could not have kept calm and achieved this without your help!

Thanks guys!

Jason.

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Glad to hear it worked out for you.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes. I'm glad you managed to sort it out without losing too much money. Still annoying that you have to give him £50 back though.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!