Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Selling magazines

Has anyone got any good ideas where the best places are to try and sell magazines?

I've got a lot of old magazine collections that I might now sell as I don't think they will ever be read or used again.

Among these are very large collections of the to design magazines, Digit and Computer Arts. I'm sure these must be sort after by someone somewhere?

Any ideas?

I've also got a pile of old camcorder magazine.

Oh, and also I think I've got the complete collection of that Star Trek monthly magazine that slowly built up into a huge Star Trek encyclopedia. I subscribed to that and think I got the lot. That is a huge collection of issues, most of which have been split up into the binders in their sections. That has to be worth something.

I'm sure I've got others. White Dwarf magazines maybe. I used to love reading that and had a bit of a nostalgia trip the other day when I spotted the current issue in a news agents and just had to have a look. That magazine hasn't really changed that much.

So anyone got any ideas? ebay is out of the question as no one buys magazines from there. Whole collections go for £1. Maybe specific fan forums? Local papers? freeads? Not really sure what is best.

Have any of you sold any magazine collections? And of so where did you advertise and sell them?

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

I'm in the middle of trying to sell my old Amiga magazines and haven't yet found anywhere suitable. I want to reach a wide audience of fans.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by burns flipper View Post
    I'm in the middle of trying to sell my old Amiga magazines and haven't yet found anywhere suitable. I want to reach a wide audience of fans.
    Take a look at This auction! I was shocked at the end price!

I only paid £1 for all my collection a few yrs back!
    :thumbs: Amiga, Wii Amiga on wii! SORTED! :thumbs:
    [img]http://www.my-wii.co.uk/wiibanner.jpg[/img]

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is quite a good price! For 100 magazines that is nearly £1 each!

Maybe old Amiga magazines are now finally starting to be collectible!

For those who dare! ClassicWB dev
    VIP
    Forum Mod
    Chopper Challenge Champion, The Collector Champion, BombJack Arcade Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Paintballing - Assault Champion, Tower 13 - Adventures In Body Saving Champion, Himalayaya Champion, Sea Dogs Champion, Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion, Operation Switchover Champion Bloodwych's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry Harrision, but I have to laugh at this.

All my friends who got married did exactly as you have. First thing to go were the old magazine collections! Next pretty much everything will find its way out of the door the next few years as your priorities shift.

It seems we can't be in relationships and keep our beloved junk. I think we need bigger houses like those huge basements and garages Americans have!!! They always seem to keep their junk intact!

It's hard selling old mags due to the weight. I would just advertise locally and ask for pickup and collection if you don't care about the money. Ebay or Ebid are perhaps the only other options, as you may just find some collectors who are willing to bid against one another.
    Live Long and Procrastinate
    A500 Batman Pack
    Classic Workbench

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well... my Amiga magazines are definitely not going anywhere! All 3000+ issues. They will continued to be stored at my parents house for the foreseeable future.

For those who dare! ClassicWB dev
    VIP
    Forum Mod
    Chopper Challenge Champion, The Collector Champion, BombJack Arcade Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Paintballing - Assault Champion, Tower 13 - Adventures In Body Saving Champion, Himalayaya Champion, Sea Dogs Champion, Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion, Operation Switchover Champion Bloodwych's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    Well... my Amiga magazines are definitely not going anywhere! All 3000+ issues. They will continued to be stored at my parents house for the foreseeable future.
    Good to hear! Actually, it does sound like you've got way too much stuff! 3000+ mags, that's a massive pile!

I'm laughing even more now! Parents used as a cheap storage warehouse. I do the same!
    Live Long and Procrastinate
    A500 Batman Pack
    Classic Workbench