Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I plan to catalog them next time I go over my parents and then get them to my flat, so I can go through them properly.

Once I have catalogued them I will post the results here. If someone then wants to take them off my hands, I will be happy to oblige, as I no longer have the space to store them unfortunately.
    This is not a signature

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would be interested as I don't have that many copies of Zero so they would be very useful for the site.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

Snake Champion, Invasion Champion Puni/Void's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wasn't Zero the mag that had both Atari and Amiga content?

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by P G View Post
    Wasn't Zero the mag that had both Atari and Amiga content?
    I think it covered PC as well. Several mags were ST&Amiga, 'The One' for example started as a dual-platform before spliting into two seperate magazines.

ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

Snake Champion, Invasion Champion Puni/Void's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't know that The One started out as a joint Atari-Amiga magazine. Would be interesting to get hold of some of those old issues.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I might even have some old copies of The One... will let everybody know.
    This is not a signature

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've got scans of every issue of The One (bar a few of the ones at the end of it's life, but they were awful anyway.)

The guy that did them has given the OK for us to use them on the site when the mag. section launches which is cool. Only downside is they nearly all need cropping and rotating. Still it's 81 less issues to scan.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Scanning them??? I never thought of that...

I spent all my time cutting them up and glueing them to my computer monitor.
    This is not a signature

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I also have that complete The One collection. Underground Gamer now has it as a torrent. It's also cool that we've been given the go ahead to use them.

The tidying up of scans is always the tedious bit. I had a load of boxart scans that were sent to me a long time ago and I was looking through them this week and decided it would be quicker to just rescan them all in from my own collection than try to clean up and straighten them. They were not scanned straight, and were too bright and washed out, plus the boxes had some damage. I could fix all of that, but making new scans with the correct scanning settings is much quicker.

BTW, talking of this, have any of you looked at any of the box scans on HOL? They are really bad! Washed out with pale colours, not straight, some are badly creased. No wonder no other site bothers "using" them

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    And yes, quite a few of the mags did start life as dual format magazines. I've originals of some of the early issues when it was just called The One. It then split and was called Amiga One and ST One.

Zero also covered ST and Amiga, but was closed down due to being sued for sexual content.

Cu Amiga also started out as a C64 magazine and then started to cover the Amiga and slowly reduced the C64 content until eventually it was an Amiga magazine.

And Amiga Format also started out called ST/Amiga Format for the first 13 issues. I have 3 or 4 of the last of those too and it was quite a cool magazine. The floppy disk was also dual format with half ST and helf Amiga software. Not sure how the ADF for those would work. I actually preferred it to the later Amiga Format.

And sad to say that when all of those split into seperate platforms I purchased the ST versions as I had an ST at the time (not seeing the error of my ways until it was too late)

And there have been quite a few more cross platform magazines that included Amiga. Edge is one of the most famous and is still going. The early issues covered the Amiga and had it listed on the cover along with all the other systems of the time.

C+VG was another but I never bought many of those, and Gamesmaster, from the creators of the TV show and that was quite a good one. I have a few of those and want to add them to the site.