Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

PSP - Lego Star Wars II

Has anyone else played Lego Star Wars II yet?

I was a big fan of the original and played the PC version. I have the PC version of this sequel too but have only played it briefly so far. I've now also got hold of both the PS2 and PSP versions and I have to say that that PSP version is excellent. It is very hard to tell the difference between the PC, PS2 and PSP versions graphically, so in the end it comes down to which format you prefer playing the game on.

Lego Star Wars II seems perfectly suited to the PSP due the game's control system which fits the PSP controls well. I usually don't like the analogue control on the PSP, but for some reason it works well and much better than using the directional controls.

The game's 3D is smooth with great visuals and animation. The gameplay has been panned by some critics as being too easy with no really difficulty, but I say they are missing the point. You don't die in the game, instead you fall apart lego style and are then reassembled. The penalty is the lose of some of your lego parts you have collected, which you need for a better score and to win the golden brick at the end of each level to unlock more.

The actual game follows the original three movies and the story mode plays out each scene in the game brilliantly. Any fan of Star Wars will love this game as it includes all the little touches from the films and will make you smile each time something from the films takes place. One of the early ones is when Princess Leia gives the information to R2D2. She tries to insert it into his front as in the films, but cannot. So she lifts his head up like a dustbin and throws it inside.

This game isn't about difficulty. It's about fun. You get to shoot everything and everyone, destroy the scenery to collect lego parts, and solve lots of nice little puzzles in each room to progress.

Everything from the first game is continued into the second, including the switching between characters to solve puzzles. Certain areas can only be opened or accessed with specific characters, so some levels you will need to go back with a different character to fully explore and unlock for some hidden extras.

If you are a fan of Lego and Star Wars, this game will be perfect. If you are even only slightly interested in either I still think you will have great fun playing it.

As I already said. It's an easy game. The likelihood of now completing a level is slim. The point is in the fun you have playing each level of the game. Seeing and living the different scenes from the films in sequence and just having a fun time.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Have it on the PS2, played for 30 minutes, and you know the rest. Plays pretty good and has quite some fun moments.

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have it on PS2 but didnt play it that much. Was playing something else at the time. I have the first one and I completed it 100%. The game is awesome!
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/