Thread: Bundles!

Average Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

Bundles!

No, not the playground anarchy of your youth - I'm talking Amiga bundles: the software (and sometimes hardware) that came bundled with new Amigas back in the day. There were lots of official Commodore bundles* but I got my A500 from an independent retailer, and it came with what passed for the latest, cutting edge software back '88:

• Wizball (by Ocean)
    • Eco (Ocean)
    • Barbarian (Psygnosis)
    • Obliterator (Psygnosis)
    • Terra(?)...something (Psygnosis)
    • Photon Paint

Now don't get me wrong, Wizball was and still is an excellent game, but the rest? What was I thinking! Among the 92 mail-order Amiga bundles advertised in ACE magazine I chose that one? [Slaps forehead]

Eco sucked beyond belief, and although Psygnosis produced some awsome games from '89 onwards, those three insipid. Photon Paint was impressive, but not entirely practical. DPaint III was my canvas of choice.

So, did anyone else get a 'bundle'? Bet it can't have been worse than mine!

*Didn't realise how many different bundles there were. They're well documented at Amiga History.

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    My bundle was the 1200 comic relief pack. A1200 (w00t) and Sleepwalker ()
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My A600 was just the basic system that came with just DPaintIII and Lemmings. Both good though.

My A1200 was the Desktop Dynamite bundle which was pretty good for the time.

And my CD32 was the Spectacular Voyage bundle. Contained some really good games, and some pretty bad ones.

All my other Amigas were obtained second hand so came with additional bundled stuff. My A4000 was the best one. I got that from a friend at university and he also gave me 4 disk boxes with 200 disks in each, a ton of original boxed software and games, and loads of other hardware, software, monitors etc...

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post

All my other Amigas were obtained second hand so came with additional bundled stuff. My A4000 was the best one. I got that from a friend at university and he also gave me 4 disk boxes with 200 disks in each...
    It was good how "easy" it was to obtain cracked games....ahh...those were the days
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/