Thread: Nectarine gone!

Wiseguy Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

Nectarine gone!

Yes, the good old demoscene internet radio is completely gone due to vandalism. And it seems it isn't coming back anytime soon. Here's the announcement:

This morning a script kiddie hacked nectarine.
    He did post a hint on the vulnerability in the oneliner before trashing everything.
    The whole Database is deleted, backup too. The only one i have is from august and doesn't include the mp3 streaming engine and some old nectarine datas.
    Last week end my local HD crashed. I find the time to buy a new one but not to make a local backup. Was too stupid ...
    I don't have any backup left and since the hdd moved since this morning so it's impossible to restore something.

The vulnerability was coming from multipage class i used. And he find id too fast, i was in work meeting ... Thanks to the ones who send me SMS and mails to stop him!

My motivation is too low to fight against lamers again.

If you are a donor, maybe could you unsubscribe your paypal donation ? The money left is used to pay the september hosting fee, then i will have 20 euros left on the paypal account.

Sorry guys, but i don't have enough free time to recode everything.

It's time to say goodbye.

Friendly

Yes aka Christophe Nectarine 01/03/2000 - 09/09/2008
    Apparently something had gone wrong with the way backups were handled recently, and it was about to be fixed. So nothing exists of the site code and parts of the database anymore. Everything is gone. The project would have to be started from scratch, and I can understand why Yes don't feel like doing it. There's allready a long thread on Pouet concerning this. I've only read the first page, and there was a suggestion to rebuild the site as a community project. Hopefully something might come out of it. I used to listen to Nectarine a lot, to have this happen to it both saddens and angers me at the same time. I'll definitely miss it.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is very sad indeed. These arseholes who do this should be hunted down and something horrible done to them.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

Snake Champion, Invasion Champion Puni/Void's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's very bad news. Nectarine was a great site that served the scene community for ages. It's hard to comprehend that the site is gone. It will be missed by many people.

This is just plain sick! If you are going to haXXor something, make sure it's something worth trashing!
    [url]www.oldskooluk.org[/url]

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Indeed! Such as microsoft.com, apple.com or www.direct.gov.uk

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!