Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Having a clear out

This is very hard. I'm going through all my old stuff with the intent of clearing out everything I've not used in the last couple of years. As you can imagine this is quite a lot of stuff. Especially the load of stuff in the loft.

So far I'm found a load of old Walkman tape players. The best being a top of the range AIWA with remote control on the headphone cable. At the time that was expensive, so it is quite sad to see it go. I've not used it for years mostly because it is tape based and MP3s have completely taken over. What is it worth? £1?

Any something else I found is my portable CD player. I used to use that in my old car on one of those CD player cradles and it worked well for that. Even have the original receipt in the box. £60. Much less than I thought it might have been. But that was a replacement for the Pioneer CD player I had stolen from the car before that I remember being nearly £200. So what is the Panasonic portable CD player worth? Not sure but I'm guessing £5? Maybe £10 at a push but not likely.

Loads of other stuff to go through. But what to do with it all? It all still works. ebay? Where a doubt most of it will sell for more than £1, or hold a car boot sale?

Anyone else recently cleared out their old stuff? What did you do with it all?

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ah the wife strikes back!!!! Enough of this batchalor living get rid of your crap so i can move mine in!!!

TBH if you don't think you can get anything for your stuff but don't want to throw it away then try your local freecycle group and hopefully it'll go to a good home. Thats where i've gotten rid of a lot of my old stuff.(And where i've picked up some good stuff as well!!!)
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I also have to get rid of some stuff as I'm moving into my new house in one month, but I just bin it, or give it away to friends.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've managed to get some good things on Freecycle too. Got some floor standing Eltax home cinema speakers a while back and they sound great. Not as good as my main Eltax ones but great for a second set.

It is a good idea to try and get rid of it on there. I'd actually forgotten about the site.

I also need to try and get rid of a 6' Snooker table and I doubt I will get much money for it so might also freecycle that too.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Some of the freecycle groups have seperate forums where you can actually sell stuff (obviosly not for muchbut still.).
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    So far I'm found a load of old Walkman tape players. The best being a top of the range AIWA with remote control on the headphone cable. At the time that was expensive, so it is quite sad to see it go. I've not used it for years mostly because it is tape based and MP3s have completely taken over. What is it worth? £1?
    I can think of someone on this forum who'd see a good buy here.

I had a clearout recently. Some went on freecycle. A lot of my stuff no-one's interested in nowadays, so that will probably just go in the bin (no point in eBaying due to the time involved).

On a good note, I found a load of old Crowded House live CD's from the fanclub, went to their forum, found someone who was looking for them and sold 15 out of the 16 in 10 minutes for £250!

Doubt I will do so well with anything else from the loft...unless anyone here wants any black crocodile-skin suitcases...

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by burns flipper View Post
    unless anyone here wants any black crocodile-skin suitcases...
    The black crocodile might want them!!
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Or Submeg! I hear such thinks are quite popular down there.

It is amazing what you completely forget you even had. I was just rummaging though a load of boxes and found a spare 48x CD-RW I completely forgot I had. That will come in useful to replace the much slower drive currently in my A4000.

Competent My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Buleste View Post
    Ah the wife strikes back!!!! Enough of this batchalor living get rid of your crap so i can move mine in!!!
    Lmfao, damn i fell privelaged. My wife doesnt give me any of this, she would rather use my amiga. Other than that, anything we dont use, sneaks its way into the loft, .
    On news of PSPUAE update on DCEMU came this reply, lol.

[quote=djk21108;]this will sure make that horace guy happy....[/quote]