Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Amiga Accelerators rising in price again?

There are obviously only a set number of Amiga accelerators in existence these days as no more are being made. However during the summer we seemed to see a rise in availability and this in turn saw them fall in price.

Last year a Blizzard 1230 was fetching nearly £200, but the price this summer was around the £110-130 range and all of these cards sold on ebay seemed to go for around that price.

But the cards on ebay now seem to be rising in price again. A 1230 MKIV with FPU sold just last week for £165 and another is now for sale at the same price.

PPC accelerators also seemed to drop this year. They were fetching silly money with the run up to OS4 finally being released, but I saw many sell for around £200 recently. Some were closer to £300 or more, but I even saw one sell for just £160. Someone got a nice bargain there. Currently however there is only Blizzard PPC with a 68040 and 64MB or ram for sale at £365! Not sure that will sell, but you never know!

Has anyone else witnesses some bargain accelerator sales? Or some really mad expensive ones?

BTW, the Blizzard 1230 I recently purchased was a great deal. Cost me £110 including postage. And it has a 50MHz FPU and 32MB ram.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've found this Blizzard PPC603+ 200/060 for £350.00 starting price. TBH if that was the ending price then fine i just think this seller may have overpriced himself but then again there are always daft people willing to pay that kind of money.
    And this Apollo 40/040 at £110.00 starting price. Again i think he's overpriced himself. It might get up to £150.00 at the end but most people will be put off by the high start price.
    He's got some interesting other items. I'm currently watching and thinking about the Repulse sound card. Not too sure about it though.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That Blizzard PPC is a very nice card, but as you say, that is a price you might expect it to end at if a lot of people are interested.

The problem is that many people set a price in their mind and then just put the item at that price for fear of it not reaching it if they start off lower. Personally if I was thinking like that I would start it off low with a reserve. That way you can always reduce the reserve latter if it isn't being reached.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just checked my old emails and my BPPC with 256MB RAM cost me £245.39 including P&P in March 2007. Bargain.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

Deadly Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Indeed that is a bargin at the current prices :shocked

I have to admit I am also interested in that repulse sound card too, as well as the picasso and adriadne-II... make a nice addition to my A2000 which with a HUGE thanks to coze just got a f*cking kick in the pants, a GVP combi-040 :shocked it needs a little attention but useable
    If i had a hammer, I would hammer in the morning, i would hammer in the evening, i would hammer all day