Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads
    loved it on the miggy! n fact I love it so much ive downloaded the pc version with chit chat from GOG.com!
    :thumbs: Amiga, Wii Amiga on wii! SORTED! :thumbs:
    [img]http://www.my-wii.co.uk/wiibanner.jpg[/img]

Poor Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by StuKeith View Post
    loved it on the miggy! n fact I love it so much ive downloaded the pc version with chit chat from GOG.com!
    I too have recently downloaded it from gog,as well as two others all for free!. Wich was nice.
    Solutions the cause of all known problems!

Adventurer Speed Biker Champion, Tadpole Champion, Pearl Hunt Champion, Spacerunner 2 Champion, Marble Mayhem Champion, Galaxians Champion, Starfrosch Champion, K Tire Racing Champion, Way of the stick Champion Phantom's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    CD32 version is the best, as it has speech. But I believe the best adventure for CD32 is DarkSeed.
    [b]To Be A True Adventurer, You Ought To Play Real Text Adventures[/b]

It's always caturday! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    True, the CD32 version of BaSS is awesome, not to mention you can copy it onto your HD and play on your A1200 (though I've no idea if it needs AGA).

There's one tiny bug in the version I had, once you finally travel down on the ground level, below the pool there's a tool-shack-cellar-kinda location, once opening it (or somewhere around that action) you should get some kind of a comment, but in the talkie version it misses the file (or just mine version didn't have it, dunno) and there's like half a second of the text and it vanishes.
    I remember I wanted to try the normal, diskette version, but never had the time nor cared enough to check it again up to that point.

Wiseguy Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, I remember reading something about some lines of speech missing from the talkie version. Also that several spoken lines were worded slightly different from the written ones, mostly because the actor spoke american and the text was written in proper english.

It's always caturday! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, the text isn't exactly missing (in the above mentioned example at least, don't remember any other), you can see it for like 1/10th of a second, guess it usually shows the text as long as the sentence is playing.

True about the differences, I'd say a good 80% of the texts differ.

Adventurer Speed Biker Champion, Tadpole Champion, Pearl Hunt Champion, Spacerunner 2 Champion, Marble Mayhem Champion, Galaxians Champion, Starfrosch Champion, K Tire Racing Champion, Way of the stick Champion Phantom's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Teho View Post
    Yeah, I remember reading something about some lines of speech missing from the talkie version. Also that several spoken lines were worded slightly different from the written ones, mostly because the actor spoke american and the text was written in proper english.
    That's correct. Some sentences are not speeched. But I think the same applied in pc versions too.

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I played this, for the first time ever, on the iphone recently. It worked really well on a touch-screen interface.

Full talky version, with music and apparently some extra intro/outro footage done in cool comic book style.

I very much liked the game, the humour and story. At 2.99 or whatever I paid for it, it is great value, flippin awesome in fact. Back in the day, at 25 quid and with disk-swapping.... I'm not so sure, with hindsight.

Still, very gripping, solid 9/10 from me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Indeed, nice adventure but a little short (well, not so short as Loom ).