Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    They could have had the local am dram society do it for free, for some publicity and a mention in the credits. You can get lots of things for free if you're inventive.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by taunusanden View Post
    I liked playing the game, but I remember something about a lot of disks
    Maybe I should find the CD32 version...
    Just install it to your HDD, otherwise you get mad with swapping.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So true. If ever a genre was always destined for HD it was the adventure game.

I still remember all the disk swaps for the larger advanture games. I had a system setup with 3 external disk drives, so could have 4 disks in the drives at any one time, but I still had to swap them loads of times. I was so happy when I got my first HD.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I never got a HD for the Amiga, I also had several extrenal floppy drives, but when playing Fate of Atlantis f.ex., I had to swap anyways.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    One thing that always really annoyed me what when the developers of the games had done something very strange with the order of the files on the disks. So often a game would ask for a disk that seemed quite random. For example if you were playing through the the game and were currently using disks 3, 4 and 5, when suddenly the game asks you for disk 11, you swap them over, it access disk 11, reads it for about 3 seconds and then asks for disk 4 again! Aghhh!

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    BASS was very good at asking for random disks as was STS. The strangest HD install i ever had was for Final Writer. You start at disk 1 and then you have to insert disk 6,7,8 & 9 then go back to disk 2, 3, 4 and 5 and finish off on disk 1 again.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh, I've had some very odd HD installs over the years. Some on the PC have been just as odd too. Some recent PC games have been just as bad. I have one game on 6 CDs and it kept asking for the discs in a completely out of sequence order, and for each one more than once. Very odd. Especially as you would think that the majority of a game install is just involving the copying of files from the discs to the HD.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Buleste View Post
    The strangest HD install i ever had was for Final Writer. You start at disk 1 and then you have to insert disk 6,7,8 & 9 then go back to disk 2, 3, 4 and 5 and finish off on disk 1 again.
    That's true. When I got my Amiga 1200 last year, I installed it to HD, and I found it very strange that you had to insert the discs in that order.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison
    One thing that always really annoyed me what when the developers of the games had done something very strange with the order of the files on the disks. So often a game would ask for a disk that seemed quite random. For example if you were playing through the the game and were currently using disks 3, 4 and 5, when suddenly the game asks you for disk 11, you swap them over, it access disk 11, reads it for about 3 seconds and then asks for disk 4 again! Aghhh!
    That was also exactly what happened in Fate of Atlantis, drove me mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner View Post
    That was also exactly what happened in Fate of Atlantis, drove me mad.
    [Use Orichalcum detector]
    INSERT DISK 5
    INSERT DISK 7
    INSERT DISK 5
    "Nope, nothing here"

[Kidney-punch developers] etc

Adventurer Speed Biker Champion, Tadpole Champion, Pearl Hunt Champion, Spacerunner 2 Champion, Marble Mayhem Champion, Galaxians Champion, Starfrosch Champion, K Tire Racing Champion, Way of the stick Champion Phantom's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    And how about the latest Sierra adventure games for Amiga?

Insert StartUp-Disk
    Insert Disk 1
    Insert StartUp-Disk
    Insert Disk 1
    Insert StartUp-Disk
    Insert Disk 1
    and this is endless of course...
    [b]To Be A True Adventurer, You Ought To Play Real Text Adventures[/b]