Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: A600 Project

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's the link I hinted at and Woody.cool named. It's supposed to be much better than HDtoolbox in WB3.0 and 3.1 and can do the larger hard drives.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had some trouble restoring the RDB. RDB-Salv is a great tool but it seems that when scanning the HD for partitions it thinks that each of the WHDLoad games are a different partition, and with the complete set of KGWHD games and demos on the HD that is a lot of partitions it thought it was finding, so it eventualy crashed!

I did have a complete mirror of the A600's HD on my PC so I instead thought I would give HDInstTools a try. I fired it up, wiped the existing HD structure and setup some new partitions. I liked HDInstTools. Worked well and detected the HD sizes and partition sizes correctly. Only issue is you don't have very precise control over partition sizes using the slider to adjust them. But it was good enough, and much easier to use that HDToolkit.

I'm now copying everything onto the drive again. Just a load of WHDLoad games to go then it's ready to stick back in the A600. Fingers crossed it works this time.
    Last edited by Harrison; 8th October 2008 at 09:52.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Buleste View Post
    Here's the link I hinted at and Woody.cool named. It's supposed to be much better than HDtoolbox in WB3.0 and 3.1 and can do the larger hard drives.
    You are still restricted by the 4GB and 2GB partitions using FFS though. But it is definitely a better tool. I would be good if it had some kind or warnings though for going over the 4GB limits.

I've decided to stick with the first 4GB of space and leave the other 2GB unpartitioned for now.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Finally it is finished!

The A600 case is screwed back together and the HD is booting nicely into ClassicWB GAAE with all of the WHDLoad game and demo packs from KG installed.

I had to eventually just wipe the HD again and repartition, then copy the backup onto the drive again. And this time I've made a backup of the RDB just in case it happens again.

On final testing part of the keyboard wasn't working, but taking the ribbon cable out and then refitting it at the motherboard end fixed that.

The only issue left now is that I can't get the internal floppy drive to stop clicking! Anticlick is loading in the user-startup, but it continues to click! Any ideas?

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    You could try any of these.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD