Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Average Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

Masters of Horror

Is anyone a fan of horror films or have u watched any of the 2nd series of Masters of Horror?

If yes and no respectively i can heartely reccomend checking them out they are hour long movies made for tv by good horror directors (Tobe Hooper,John Carpenter etc) ive seen the whole first series and just watched the first 5 of the second series which is shaping up to be better than the first (although Takashi Miike the god of horror isnt doing one this time round ) you can find the torrents easy enough and are well worth getting hold of if your a fan, just watched John Carpenters Pro Life episode which was awesome set in an abortion clinic a mans daughter goes in against his wishes and he kicks off tryin to get her out but her pregnancy isnt all it seems to be . Its pretty sick in parts (not for me because im so desensitised to violence lol) but the direction is excellent and the actors although mainly unrecognisable or unknown are good (George Wendt is in the second one Family ). The majority of them are worth watching although they arent everyones cup o cha most people would probably enjoy sitting through them as long as they arent my g/freind who thinks im sick
    [URL="http://www2.b3ta.com/heyhey16k/"]Hey Hey 16k by Rob Manuel[/URL] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I love Horror movies (as LowecaseE does too), and I know the Masters of Horror series, haven't seen them yet though. Will check out for a torrent then.

I'm a big fan of asian horror as well, and have about more than 50 asian horror movies (originals), which I buy at different specialized shops around the world. Takashi Miike is one weird guy indeed, and some of his movies are great. Wasn't the part Imprint not in a Masters of Horror series??

Some good asian horror sites are:

Kyonsi
    Snowblood Apple
    MidnightEye

I also found a site with 8 horror films called "8 films to die for", they were shown from november 17-19th, of course not here. I've only seen 2 of them so far, Reincarnation (Rinne), this is an asian one, and Gravedancers, which is not bad.

Thanks for the info, will definitely trying to get the torrent file this afternoon. Or if you still have it, can you attach it, perhaps not here, but in The Vault section?

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I love horror films too. Not watched many recently though. Just downloaded Saw 3 but not watched it yet. I did catch some of the first series of Masters of Horror though and the few I saw were worth watching for sure. I will try and catch some of the second series.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Average Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner View Post
    Wasn't the part Imprint not in a Masters of Horror series??
    It was indeed it was the last one in the first series and was not shown on tv for quite some time if ever so im led to believe but it was pretty disgusting as im sure u can imagine. I love Takashi Miike films Audition is probably my favourite horror film i told my g/friend it was some romance thing and she believed it for a while

I did catch some of the first series of Masters of Horror though and the few I saw were worth watching for sure
    Did you catch the very first one i thought that one was pretty awesome (incident on and off a mountain road) also Homecoming i thought was a good one although i did enjoy them all. Some of them are just plain weird though.
    [URL="http://www2.b3ta.com/heyhey16k/"]Hey Hey 16k by Rob Manuel[/URL] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Vintage gamer and metal head LowercaseE's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I never really got into the Masters of Horror series. I've seen a few of them and they were ok (I really liked Argento's Jenifer though) but not good enough to keep me coming back. I'm more of a fan of older (mostly late 50s through late 80s, ESPECIALLY Euro-cult stuff) horror though so I tend to tune out most new things unless they're REALLY good (ie. THE DESCENT, HAUTE TENSION, LAND OF THE DEAD, CALVAIRE, and one or 2 others).

As for the whole "sick" thing, I've got that from PLENTY of people in my life over the years. I've learned to expect it whenever I lend stuff like CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST, MEN BEHIND THE SUN, GUINEA PIG: FLOWER OF FLESH AND BLOOD, etc. out to unsuspecting friends.
    --------DO NOT SUPPORT LIONSGATE FILMS-------

Average Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ive gotta say i wasnt that impressed with land of the dead it was a bit of a dissapointment, especially as i went to the flicks to see it, it was very Romero but i really thought it could have been better.

Oh and Demon Cleaner i cant access the Vault dude lol

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It was the same for me. An OK zombie film, but far from what could have been.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    LOTD was a good popcorn movie with a lot of laughs, almost like the Scary Movie's. The Descent is indeed a good movie, more claustrophobic than horror, i liked it very much.

As for asian films to watch, there are many. Takashi Miike is indeed a weirdo, and some of his films are just crazy, thinking of Gozu or Visitor Q.

Average Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Are we talking The Descent as in the British one, if so that was an awesome film i thought really cool and a bit scary in a wtf is gonna happen next way lol plus the ending was freaky weird too

Oh and Gozu frickin crazy as hell lmao really cool though

Just set 3 of the 8 films to die for torrent d/load hood of horrors, dark side, the gravedancers will report back when ive seen them.
    Last edited by rayzorblue; 25th January 2007 at 14:40.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    The one where the 5 or 6 chicks climb down into a cave to explore it, and later, when they are lost, they face little white... do not want to spoil