Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nikon Coolpix 100

I've got a very old Nikon Coolpix 100 digital camera. I think it is something like 0.3MP so not much use for actual photo taking. However it would still be great for children to play around with.

You can see the camera and read more about it here.

I retrieved it from the loft today to discover the old AA batteries were still installed and one of them had leaked. Luckily this camera is quite a unique design with the actual camera mounted on a PCMCIA card which slots into a battery compartment when in use, so it was only the battery compartment that was effected by the leak. I cleaned it up with some electrical cleaner and got most of the acid off.

I then tried to start it up with a new set of batteries, but to begin with it was dead. Then eventually the display fired up, but it is showing all of the display symbols and a flashing "err 06" message. I've no idea what this error means. It also changed to "err 05" a few times when left on for a while.

Anyone got any idea what the Nikon error codes mean? I'm sure this camera is now a collectors item, even if it isn't worth much.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Downloads
    Uploads
    According to the user manual (available here) the various err codes refer to hardware problems, and that turning the camera off then on again can clear the error code.

Unfortunately the manual does not see fit to list the different codes and their meanings and that if it continues, then contact Nikon.

Hope this helps, Harrison
    This is not a signature

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for that. It's more information than I managed to find earlier. I did find a site with a link to the manual but then discovered the link was broken.

I'm wondering if it is a power issue due to the battery leak. I might take the battery compartment apart and check all of the contacts and wiring.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!