Thread: Knight Rider

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Knight Rider

What do you all think of the new Knight Rider series?

I've so far only seen the pilot episode, but it showed great promise. I'm currently not sure about the main lead character as he doesn't have the screen presence of the original David Hasselhoff. But I can't really pass judgement on that until I've seen some more.

Anyone know when this is being aired in the UK (has it already)? And is a series being made? I've not heard anything.

What do you all think of the new KITT being based on a Ford Mustang? I'm not that bothered as the new car still looks really nice, but many "fans" of the original series really hated the new car.

A little interesting fact is that the voice of KITT is Val Kilmer! It was originally going to be Will Arnett, but as the new car is a Ford, GM informed him that because he does voiceover work for GMC Trucks it was a conflict of interest. Mad!

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Yeah i liked it sure it's not perfect but it's better (for a pilot) than all the other remake shite we've had recently! At first i hated the new car but it is still a damn fine car. And Val kilmer as kitt was a good touch!

judgement of course is reserved till we see the tv series if it's made / aired even but from someone who thought it would be shite i wasn't as dissapointed as i expected to be.

Bring it on i say and let's hope
    A1200 : Blizzard 030 / 4gb 2.5" Hd /64mb Edo ram/1 gb compact flash - pcmcia / internal scan doubler / Trilogic joystick mouse adaptor (works with pc optical mice) 17" Black Samtron samsung monitor...

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not all remakes (or sequels in this case) always turn out bad. Look at Battlestar Galactica for a great example.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    Not all remakes (or sequels in this case) always turn out bad. Look at Battlestar Galactica for a great example.
    Sorry never really got into that one my m8 has them all so far so eventually when i've finsihed watching bab5 again i'll give em another spin!
    A1200 : Blizzard 030 / 4gb 2.5" Hd /64mb Edo ram/1 gb compact flash - pcmcia / internal scan doubler / Trilogic joystick mouse adaptor (works with pc optical mice) 17" Black Samtron samsung monitor...

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    BSG is one of my favouite Sci-Fi series of all time. I love the way it is filmed with the quick cuts and fast zooms during combat. And well written and acted too. Also quite different to the style of most other shows. B5 is probably the closest in terms of style and realistic depiction of the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    I love the way it is filmed with the quick cuts and fast zooms during combat.
    Thats the bit that put me off it's like as tho it's live action reporting on the scene etc cloverfield/blair witch etc.

Also as you compared it to bab5 maybe the characters get better after the first season/series but i'll have to see!

And my we are getting off topic again

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I always hated the series, including David Hasselhoff and KITT.