Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ah! The jumpers on the internal audio headers are fitted as standard on the Asus boards to bridge the two connections, so glad you worked that one out. Can be hard to sometimes work some problems like that out as they are not always obvious.

Happily I spent more on my Motherboard and got the Asus A8N-SLI Platinum. No motherboard fans

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

For those who dare! ClassicWB dev
    VIP
    Forum Mod
    Chopper Challenge Champion, The Collector Champion, BombJack Arcade Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Paintballing - Assault Champion, Tower 13 - Adventures In Body Saving Champion, Himalayaya Champion, Sea Dogs Champion, Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion, Operation Switchover Champion Bloodwych's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like you've been in the wars J T.

I've had northbridge fans go bad and just pulled the plug. They seem for show on most boards as it doesn't get that warm in my experience (the nforce4 may be different).

Screws in general, especially on PCs, really don't need to be that tight. Most people over tighten screws way too much!
    Live Long and Procrastinate
    A500 Batman Pack
    Classic Workbench

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodwych View Post
    Screws in general, especially on PCs, really don't need to be that tight. Most people over tighten screws way too much!
    Yep, I certainly did when I first built the PC

The new heatsink is hot to the touch, so it must be working. Not sure I'd like to leave the chip with nothing on.

Then again, the fan on it was rubbish. It was just a fan thermal-pasted onto the chip. No proper heatsink part - just a fan blowing on a flat bit of metal. Very crude.

If I get a new motherboard in future I'll definitely look for one of the fancy pre-fitted heatpipe dealies.

Now thinking about replacing the GFX card fan as that is now the noisiest. Compared to how it was, however, it's bliss.