Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    While true, you couldn't call most of that coverage mainstream TV.

The biggest thing I get annoyed about is when the main TV channels cancel normal programming to show Football. Why? This was tolerated when most people in the OK only had the standard 5 terrestrial channels, but in this day and age when we have access to hundreds of channels via satellite and cable we shouldn't still be having the main channels cancelling programming to show it. Stick it on the Sports channels where it belongs!

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner View Post
    I'm always waiting for the NFL to start in september. Unfortunately we have no channels that shows the NFL besides Premiere. And Premiere worked fine on my Dreambox for 6 month, and since 2 weeks it doesn't anymore. They now changed keys again, and also decryption, they go with Entavio now.
    So you haven't actually been paying to watch subscription channels on your Dreambox then?

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    While true, you couldn't call most of that coverage mainstream TV.
    No but they aren't exactly mainstream motorsport either. We've got F1 live (although the presentation by ITV is getting worse each race), BTCC partially live, MotoGP live, and some crappy WRC highlights which ITV are obviously taking from some generic package rather than producing their own coverage.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The WRC coverage is definitely quite bad. And I totally agree regarding the F1 coverage. It is getting worse with each race/year, although outside of Europe they do have to take the live feeds directly from the local network who are filming it so they are at the mercy of the local producer. The biggest thing that bugs me is when they cut off the drivers talking half way through. Some races we have only see the winner speak and then they have cut away before we can hear the second and third place drivers speak. Very annoying.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    So you haven't actually been paying to watch subscription channels on your Dreambox then?
    Nah. You think a true p2p and torrent user would pay for watching TV? I get my keys off the net, and install my Softcams to run them, why else do I have a Dreambox for

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    The WRC coverage is definitely quite bad. And I totally agree regarding the F1 coverage. It is getting worse with each race/year, although outside of Europe they do have to take the live feeds directly from the local network who are filming it so they are at the mercy of the local producer. The biggest thing that bugs me is when they cut off the drivers talking half way through. Some races we have only see the winner speak and then they have cut away before we can hear the second and third place drivers speak. Very annoying.
    They have always taken the local network's pictures except in the UK (even back in the days of the BBC covering it, it's known as the world feed and you can tell when it's being shown by the F1 logo in the corner), but this year for all but three races the local network's have been replaced by FOM who are doing a much better job. But ITV's contributions are pretty poor with the exception of the gridwalk before the race. Hamiltonmania is getting out of hand, and I feel sorry for the other countries that take ITV's commentary and have to put up with it, if many Brits are getting fed up imagine how the Aussies etc. feel about it. Let's have a bit of balance in the coverage. Oh and the interview thing gets on my nerves as well, instead of hearing from the people who actually took part in the race, let's instead hear from someone who used to be in F1 who watched the race on TV, so we get him telling us stuff we saw rather than hearing about the behind-the-scenes developments we didn't.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison
    The biggest thing that bugs me is when they cut off the drivers talking half way through. Some races we have only see the winner speak and then they have cut away before we can hear the second and third place drivers speak. Very annoying.
    That is also a big plus of Premiere, as it shows the F1 on 8 different channels with different camera angles, statistics, or current race values. Also they show all interviews before and after the race, not that I'm much interested in it.

Better is when they show football, when there's cup or champions league, you can watch the match you want, or just watch the conference where you see all the goals and highlights during the matches.

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner View Post
    That is also a big plus of Premiere, as it shows the F1 on 8 different channels with different camera angles, statistics, or current race values. Also they show all interviews before and after the race, not that I'm much interested in it.

Better is when they show football, when there's cup or champions league, you can watch the match you want, or just watch the conference where you see all the goals and highlights during the matches.
    Sky do the Champions League multiscreen as part of their sports package. They used to do an F1 multiscreen but it was pay-per-view and at £12 a race wasn't popular enough to remain viable.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sky
    I know, I know. But I cannot get Sky here, it's out of range. Isn't Sky 28,2 east?

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is somewhere around that angle yes. But you couldn't get it without an official Sky box and viewing card anyway as it is locked into it's own system that other sat systems cannot access or decrypt.

It is very annoying that they stopped the F1 channel as I used to subscribe to that when it was available. Was it really £12 a race? I had no idea it was that expensive. I'm sure I got a special offer or something as I only paid about £50 for the whole year.