Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: snes9xTYL

Above Average Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

snes9xTYL

Hello guys,

I want to install the emulator snes9xTYL on it but i don't know if i should upgrade to the latest firmware first (3.93 i believe) or if i should follow the guide provided in this thread instead. The code printed on the board is IC6001 and my firmware is 2.0.
    I've just spent a few hours on the zillion forums about homebrew and i must admit that i'm a bit confused What is the way to go for homebrew with my PSP?

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You have to be running a custom firmware instead of an official Sony one in order to run emulators and other homebrew programs on the PSP.

The good news is that because your PSP has firmware version 2.0 you can upgrade your PSP to a custom firmware version. I don't have time to run through the process now, but I can add a step by step guide to installing custom firmware on your PSP when I get back home later tonight if you would like me to.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Latest CFW is 4.01 M33-2. You can find a lot of stuff for your PSP here. Upgrading is easy if you've done it once, you should also be able to find tutorials online.

What I don't know now is if you can update immediately from 2.00 to 4.01, or if you need to have 3.52 M33-3 (or higher) installed first to upgrade to the latest CFW?

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't have any idea how to upgrade it to a custom firmware (i have never upgraded my psp)
    I have been reading so many forums but there was too many different infos and now i'm a bit confused about how to proceed...
    If you have the time a little step-by-step would be welcome

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not sure if you have to downgrade 2.00 to 1.50 first before upgrading. And if you can directly upgrade from 2.00, I don't know to which version. If you want to upgrade to 3.95 f.ex. you need at least 3.71 M33 or higher. But I don't know what you need at least to upgrade to 3.71 M33??

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    In this guide, they advice to first go to 2.71 then downgrade to 1.50 for finally be able to go to firmware 3.03 OE-B. From then, i guess that i can upgrade to the latest...

I have already upgraded to 2.71 and i'm about to launch the downgrade to 1.50. Wish me luck...

...a bit later in his secret lab, my_lo yelled:

"YEAH: no brick for me ^_^"

Now i just have to follow the rest of the guide provided by Harrison for Submeg and install the 3.03 OE-C...
    Last edited by my_lo; 6th August 2008 at 13:25. Reason: Double posting - posts have been automerged

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    But when i'll have completed the upgrade to 3.03 OE-C, what do i have to do to upgrade to 3.90 M33-3? Can i do it directly from 3.03 or do i need to install first the 3.52 M33?

If i'm not mistaking, i have to install (in the right order):

1. 3.03 OE-C

2. 3.52 M33-3 (or -2 ?)

and finally

3. 3.90 M33 (-2 or -3 ?) or directly 4.01 M33 (or -2 ?)

I'm a bit lost in all the updates and the order i have to install them...
    Last edited by my_lo; 6th August 2008 at 15:17.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I will do you a proper guide when I get back tonight. You always need to get the PSP to 3.52 M33-4 before you can then install any newer custom firmwares. However you might not need to downgrade to 1.5 first. I will double check that for you and post you a little guide on what to do.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Harrison ^_-

I had already downgraded to 1.5 and i've created the dxar file for the 3.03 OE-C but i haven't flashed it yet.

So, at the the moment, i'm at 1.5 and i wanna go to 3. 3.90 M33 or even 4.01 M33...

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think as far as I remember you can jump straight from 1.5 to 3.52 M33, but I will check that for you first to make sure. If that is possible then it will be very easy for you to upgrade.