Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Amiga Power collection

Having spent a few years collecting all the Amiga Powers back in 2002-2004, I now have a complete collection sat in a box in the loft. I don't expect I will look at them or need them anymore, so I'm thinking of selling them.

Where would be the best place and how much would they go for? I have issues 0-69 (or whatever the last one was), some of the subscribers letters, and there's very few coverdisks (although some of the last ones have the disks still sellotaped in their cellophane to the front cover, never touched - such as a full version of Brian Lara's Cricket).

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sadly Amiga magazines are not really worth all that much value wise (but they are still worth a lot as objects to Amiga fans). You could try selling them on ebay but you will probably end up getting more for the postage than the magazines!

A good alternative would be Amibay, but again I doubt there would be great interest.

Another alternative could be to donate them to classicamiga if you don't manage to sell them.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    A friend of mine collects retro mags and the most he'd ever pay for 1 mag would be £1.00 and that would only be if it was ultra rare. If you did them as a bulk lot on ebay you might get between £10.00 and £20.00 for the lot and i'd look on parcels2go for the postage as they're pretty cheap.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

That's disappointing - 5 years ago a complete collection would go for £250-£300 on eBay.

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've still got my Amiga Power collection in the loft at mum's. There are a few notable holes, though.

I may be tempted by this...... Are you willing to break the collection up or are you looking at getting rid of them all in one go?

All in one go.

Thanks for the heads-up about parcel2go, never see anything like that before! They collect and deliver it for very little cost.

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was put on to them by someone buying stuff of me on ebay and £8.00 P&P by courier looks a helluva lot better than £2,000,000 P&P with royal mail.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I kind of want to complete my collection but not desperately as I doubt I'll ever read them again.

What were you hopnig to get for them? I don't want to make a cheeky offer but then again I don't really want to pay much at all.

Not meaning to sound awkward.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I got my complete collection of 500 amiga mags and 200 ps2 mags from ebay for £2 the lot!

It prob cost me £20 in fuel mind to collect them lol!
    :thumbs: Amiga, Wii Amiga on wii! SORTED! :thumbs:
    [img]http://www.my-wii.co.uk/wiibanner.jpg[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    Sadly Amiga magazines are not really worth all that much value wise (but they are still worth a lot as objects to Amiga fans). You could try selling them on ebay but you will probably end up getting more for the postage than the magazines!

A good alternative would be Amibay, but again I doubt there would be great interest.

Another alternative could be to donate them to classicamiga if you don't manage to sell them.
    I looked on Amibay & eBay and there's nothing on there - is there no interest or do I have a rare bargain?

If I were to donate, I'd want to ensure that they got scanned as you want them to and not put to the bottom of a pile somewhere. There's a complete Amiga Power collection (69 magazines), and about 50 The One's and 50 CU Amiga's, and then some miscellaneous.

Guess I should have done this before you got married, now she'll expect you to spend all your time with her instead of doing what you used to do before you were married