Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    Now come on, the Harrier scenes are nothing compared to the fighter scenes in Die Hard 4.0!
    Now that is true, I think that was a bit over the top.

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Fortunately i've not seen Die Hard 4 so i can't comment on how bad that is.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    The movie itself is not too bad, but every action scene is massively exaggerated.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    And completely unbelievable!

*spolier*
    The fighter scene for example sees JM driving a truck, being chased by a Jet Fighter. He drives it all the way up this spiral structure, eventually having to abandon it as it explodes from the Jet fighter's gun fire. But what happens next? JM manages to trap the fighter under the collapsing building and cause it to crash, but as it is starting to go out of control he jumps onto the fighter and rides it wing, jumping clear just before it hits the ground and explodes. If that isn't far fetched and completely unbelievable I just don't know what it.

It is still a good film though and worth seeing. I think it's on Sky in August.
    Last edited by Harrison; 19th June 2009 at 22:34.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

You're on your own KGWHD dev
    Inactive Member
    Forum Mod
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bah, True Lies is brilliant.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    You would also laugh if you'd know how the french pronounce True Lies: Troolease

The Darth Popsicle! VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Terminator Salvation has come and gone, and sadly, I've to say it wasn't the 'salvation' I hoped it would be. Of course, I should've been warned when it became known that McG was going to direct, but still, I thought ... how in the seven hells CAN they botch up such promising material? Even a talented actor like Christian Bale couldn't save the film. In fact, he was probably the least interesting character in the whole flick.

While it isn't a horrible movie per say, I'm hugely disappointed that they couldn't build on the strong foundation already laid out in the first two movies. Instead of that, we get a movie with 99% explosions and action, and perhaps 1% of depth.

Where's the backstory? Where's the character development? Why is John Connor so one-dimensional and boring when he's supposed to be the saviour of all mankind? Why are some of the specials effects so cheesy when the effects in Lord of the Rings were so phenomenal almost a decade ago? Why is Kate Connor even there, when all she does is drum up a few lines and be pregnant? They didn't even elaborate on that for one second. Kate Connor was at least ten times more interesting in T3, and that's saying a lot.

All in all, T:S does the franchise NO justice at all, and it certainly isn't the series 'reboot' I so fervently hoped for.

Dangerous Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I liked Terminator Salvation, but it's nowhere near as good as any of the original Terminator films.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I also enjoyed it, but it didn't have the feel of the first two. The CGI Arnie at the end was well done though and the action was great. I liked the snake like terminator things too. They reminded me of Screamers. A film I love.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Leeuwarden, Netherlands Or Hell from time to time
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My opinion;

I have not seen the movie but after what I read about it on Wikipedia I already realized that I would dislike this movie as much as I dislike T3.
    I know the movie is intended as popcorn entertainment but I felt that Terminator 1 and 2 provided both entertainment and remained intelligent while this movie lacks either, solely existing to continue the Terminator Franchise and make the producers money.

But how terrible this movie may be, it could have become even more crappier.
    Check the following link;

http://www.chud.com/articles/article...ION/Page1.html

If the movie had been like that good sense would have demanded that I would have physically hurt the writers for coming up with such terrible and stupid ideas.

Skynet is suppose to be the ultimate 'other', it doesn't care about the human species.
    It started the war against humanity after it felt threatened when they tried to shut it down, making it realize both intelligences could no co exist.

SO QUIT TRYING TO ANTHROPOMORPHIZING IT FOR A MORONIC MOVIE AUDIENCE!
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]