Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh yeah, sorry, you need to be VIP or staff member to access that page.

We really need to press ahead with creating screenshots for the site to try and get as many completed as we can. I think having a load of decent screenshots on the site for each game is a very important thing as visitors are attracted more if they are in place.

When making screenshots, run WinUAE in 640x512 or something around that size so the screenshots are a decent size. Make sure WinUAE is saving them in PNG format as this will create good quality images that will not be too large in filesize. Also a good tip is to rename your game ADFs to something that makes sense as the image files will take the ADFs name and this will save you having to rename then later. For naming don't use spaces, instead use underscores _ if needed. Just give the files the name of the game followed by _001 etc...

Once screenshots are completed, if you have direct editing access to the main site (staff or moderators) then please add the screenshots into the pages. Or if you are VIP level please upload them to the uploads FTP and then post in this thread to let us know they are ready to be added to the site.

Post the letter you are working on, so that others don't start making screenshots for the same games. I will then update the list below to show which letters are currently actively being worked on.

Above Average Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Once screenshots are completed, if you have direct editing access to the main site (staff or moderators) then please add the screenshots into the pages. Or if you are VIP level please upload them to the uploads FTP and then post in this thread to let us know they are ready to be added to the site.
    If you are not staff/moderator/VIP, you can't upload them neither can you access the thread with the list to tell the others the letter you are currently working on, right?
    So how do we know which screenshots to make and how do we do to upload them?
    Last edited by my_lo; 19th August 2008 at 10:27.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by my_lo View Post
    So how do we know which screenshots to make and how do we do to upload them?
    Look at the main site which games haven't screenshots yet, then if you made some, post it, and Harrison will surely tell you where to upload them, or even give you another member level.

Read here for full information:

http://www.classicamiga.com/content/view/4331/64/

ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

Snake Champion, Invasion Champion Puni/Void's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Glad to see you wanting to help out, My_lo. We need all the assistance we can get!

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep, just look through the site and find some games that don't currently have any screenshots. And once you have created them PM me and I will give you details on how to upload the files.

Make sure screenshots are in 8-bit PNG format as this retains all of the original colours from the game and keeps the filesizes small.
    Last edited by Harrison; 19th August 2008 at 14:11.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Above Average Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Okidoki, thanks for the details ^_-

Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello everyone,

I know, it's an old thread, but if somebody of you is still active here, couldn't someone please send me an invention to UG? This would be so kind, because I'm trying for ages to get the full GameBase 1.6 downloaded and UG seems to be the only possible source. Many thanks in advance!

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sure. I can send you an invite. PM me your email address.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!