Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Leeuwarden, Netherlands Or Hell from time to time
    Downloads
    Uploads

Fallout 3 movies

I am going to hate myself for doing this as much as I hate Bethesda's Fallout 3 but I would be low if I did not do this.

I am not going to say "Enjoy this."

http://e3.g4tv.com/e32008/videos/269...play_Demo.html

In case it doesn't run

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCzCON9DsSU

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36202.html

In case it doesn't run

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW0cN137yAc

THIS IS NOT FALLOUT!
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    That is indeed very weird And you're right, it's definitely not enjoyable. What the...

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree that this is not the Fallout of old. In fact I would say these two trailers do not show anything I was expecting. Instead it is showing what looks more like a straight FPS with a big arsenal of OTT weapons and a load of enemies to shoot. Basically like the majority of existing FPS games released in the last few years.

I like FPS games and if I were viewing this as a new game in that genre then it looks quite good and something I would be looking forward to. However as the next game in the Fallout series I was expecting something more like a Post Apocalyptic version of Oblivion. Something with much more than just shooting enemies. These trailers show none of this. Just blood shed, and none of it looks in the style of the Post Apocalyptic 50's, which is odd in itself.

The trailers do mention being able to hack into computers, and collecting food and other style to survive. However the videos make it feel more like HL2 then the RPG style FPS I was expecting.

I hope these trailers are not really depicting the final game, but are just showing some of the fighting to wet the appetite of the short attention spanned youth of today.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

Snake Champion, Invasion Champion Puni/Void's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Ghost and Harrison,

I'm very sad because of Fallout 3 and what Bethesda has done to it.

Like you said, Ghost, this is not Fallout.

I'm going to write more later today, as I gotta go now.

Downloads
    Uploads
    One more for the road

http://e3.g4tv.com/e32008/videos/269...Fallout_3.html

There is some new stuff in this but you will have to tolerate Todd's yabbering.
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Why do all male Americans in the last few years have such annoying whining girls voices?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ah yes Todd's voice right?

I can't help it but I really hate that voice.

ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

Snake Champion, Invasion Champion Puni/Void's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok, I'm back now.

Here's my impressions concerning Fallout 3:

In the extended gameplay footage, Fallout 3 is portrayed as a first person shooter. There's almost no discussion about the RPG elements at all. This is probably due to Fallout 3 not being an RPG.

In the same video, the audience goes bananas when heads are being blown to pieces or when body parts are flying through the air. Throughout the video, most of what we see is related to shooting at robots or raiders. There are no dialogues, no interacting with NPC's, no feeling of adventure. It seems like the most important thing in Fallout 3 is shooting.

The main character is nearly immune to bullets, but that could of course be a cheat they used or something.

Don't get me started on the "Fatman".

Also, shooting people with teddy bears that makes the targets limbs fall off? It could be that this was because of the bloody mess trait/perk, which was so highly praised by Mr. Howard. It seems like this trait/perk is one of the main ingredients in the game.

I could write a whole lot more about this, but I stop by saying that this is not Fallout. This is not an RPG. This is a post-apocalyptic first person shooter with hints of RPG elements.

I'm more looking forward to play with Fan-made Fallout when it finally gets released.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm just hoping that they have only been showing the shooting elements of the game in these videos. I have seen screenshots of the player in conversations with NPCs and interacting with things, so I am still hopeful. The fact it was meant to be based on the Oblivion engine should have given us similar scope that that game's universe.

Sadly this is what happens when you give the development of a game to an American with a voice clearly showing his balls have yet to drop!

Wiseguy Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison
    I'm just hoping that they have only been showing the shooting elements of the game in these videos.
    I think so too. They're mostly showing action footage now because that is the easiest way to get the average guy excited about something. They're not catering to the fans with these the same way the original teaser did, as after all the diehard Fallout fans will in all likelyhood be just a small minority of the people getting this. They keep repeating that they're staying true to the original Fallout concept, so I'm waiting till the game is actually out before I pass any judgement on it.

After all, most of the Oblivion trailers were action-focused as well. Besides, allthough I agree that fighting isn't what defined the original Fallout games you did spend a lot of your time fighting in them. Giving you a feel for the atmosphere in it isn't easily done in a few seconds, so I can understand that they focus on the action in the trailers.

I tell you now that I will wait and see but really, I'm probably getting it just because it's Fallout. I mean, I bought Brotherhood of Steel knowing that it was supposed to suck (and it did).