Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Definitely. There are loads of multiplayer games ranging across all genres. Lots of great shoot 'em ups and fighting games, but also lots of sports and other types.

Oh, if you are downloading MAME is is worth mentioning that MAME32 has now changed name to MAMEUI and it comes in two versions. MAMEUI32 and MAMEUI64. For 32-bit and 64-bit OSs. And that was the reason for the name change. http://mameui.classicgaming.gamespy.com/

It is also worth downloading the Extras torrent from Pleasuredome too as this includes all of the support files so you can see the screenshots, flyers, cabinets, controls etc of the original machines.

I also recommend you download the History dat file as it is great having the history of each cabinet next to each entry. You can get that from http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/arcade/mame.html plus they have lots of other supporting files and different versions of MAMEUI.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    And don't forget the cheat dat file, as some shmups are really tough, and with cheats enabled you can at least manage it to play through

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good point. Some Shoot 'em ups are so hard more mortals will never complete them. However it is still great fun with unlimited lives or energy playing through them as the visuals and levels are worth seeing in many of them, especially ones from Japanese companies like SNK.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

Snake Champion, Invasion Champion Puni/Void's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've now got MAMEUI up and running. Have installed three packaged containing flyers, screenshots and icons. Beside this, I've downloaded a few games to try out. Most of them worked right away, but some refused to function.

Several of the shoot'em ups I tried are amazing graphically - while testing them out, I thought that this is the kind of stuff one could have made for higher end Amigas. The gameplay was excellent as well.

Now I'm beginning to ponder the idea of making a small machine for the living room, which could host MAMEUI along with some other emulators. Does any of you have such a box set up?

Cheat dat file is noted.

Thanks for the pointers guys.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I use a barebone system for emulation only, together with a dual X-Arcade and a competition Pro USB, I think we already have discussed this. I have 2 500GB disks inside, one is mirror, and it's almost full, only some MB still free. There are over 3,000,000 files on one disk, I have the full TOSECs for every system installed. As for the emulators, I also have many installed, I'll post a picture here. Desktop hasn't been updated since some month now though (you can see it as the latest version I had on it was MAME v117).

Above Average Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Cute wallpaper DC ^_- I'm a fan of mario wallpapers... Here is the one i use at the moment:

http://bp2.blogger.com/_FYeRi_HOuJk/...owallpaper.png

Could you link the one you use please?

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by my_lo View Post
    Could you link the one you use please?
    I'll have to fire my barebone up again, but I'm not often home at the moment, but when I will, I'll post the wallpaper here.

Above Average Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks mate ^_-
    If anyone else has other Mario Walls, they would be welcome to link them as well