Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know any shop that sells the X-Arcade here in Europe, so I guess the UK should be the nearest, however you can do a search and find someone closer, if existing. I bought mine in the US, but that's already some time ago, I got it for 150$ (dual version).

I only know a shop in France who sells very nice cabinets.

http://armyofdreams.com/

Above Average Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for your infos, guys... I have found another site (in germany): http://www.arcadeshop.de/Joysticks-X...roller_57.html

But i think i'll go for http://www.gremlinsolutions.co.uk/, the x-arcade solo has a modified version with a sanwa joystick... I'm gonna have a week at home this summer, i'll try to manage the things so i'll be there for the delivery... Also, OMG, have you seen this: http://www.gremlinsolutions.co.uk/products/zombie.htm I know, the price is killing but what a beauty...

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by my_lo View Post
    Also, OMG, have you seen this: http://www.gremlinsolutions.co.uk/products/zombie.htm I know, the price is killing but what a beauty...
    Have you looked at the Army of Dreams site, they have some nice cabs too.

Above Average Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by my_lo View Post
    Also, OMG, have you seen this: http://www.gremlinsolutions.co.uk/products/zombie.htm I know, the price is killing but what a beauty...
    Have you looked at the Army of Dreams site, they have some nice cabs too.
    Yeah, the black pearl is really nice but i prefer the control panel of the zombie. To be honest, if you are looking for my next birthday gift, i'd be very happy with any of those (hint)

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There are some amazing MAME arcade cabinets available to order these days. I've still not begun to remake mine, but I also had the idea to use an LCD screen to replace the very large and heavy 21" CRT I had in my old cabinet. Some of these new LCD based cabinets will give me a load of ideas on how to build my new one.

I wouldn't personally buy a pre-made cabinet. I would much rather build one from scratch, or customise a vintage real one.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    I wouldn't personally buy a pre-made cabinet. I would much rather build one from scratch, or customise a vintage real one.
    If you have the time and the knowledge. Building one from scratch is a real challenge, and you have of course to find a good carpenter.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can do the carpentry myself. It isn't too hard to cut MDF or to assemble the parts into the final build, and the cosmetics just require patience with layers of spray paint and lacquer, plus some plexiglass sheeting to protect the screen if needed.

The key to getting it right is to draw up detailed technical plans to scale so everything is worked out before you begin. I'm lucky to have been trained in technical drawing so that isn't a problem. Then creating life sized templates to use against the MDF sheeting to mark them up for cutting. And you can always mark up the sheets and then take them to a store to be cut for you if you don't feel your skills are up to scratch.

When I do the technical drawings I might also create a 3D version on the computer so I can see the competed design in the 3D for a better idea of the end result.

Wiseguy Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just want to comment on working with MDF, breathing large quantities of the dust from it is actually quite harmful, so when cutting it be outside or wear a mask.

Probably not very harmful for someone just working with it once for a hobby project, but to someone like me who work with it all the time there is a real healthrisk if not taking proper precautions. So you know. better safe than sorry. At least be aware of it.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    You know Teho, I doubt he will begin with the project in the near future. And he's also getting married soon, so the project will be laid on ice, and eventually never realized.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Right that's it! The project will be started in September!