C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

A lot XBox360 exclusive!

Here's what I read at PS3Fanboy:

Fans of Square Enix RPGs may have assumed PS3 was the safe bet this generation of consoles. However, during a press conference in Japan today, the famed RPG maker announced its plans to support Xbox 360, with at least one exclusive, and two timed exclusives for Microsoft's current generation platform.

Star Ocean: The Last Hope, the fourth iteration of the popular RPG series, has been announced for Xbox 360 only. The official website makes it clear that the game will be a 360 title, but plans for a PS3 version haven't been completely ruled out yet. "We cannot announce anything on that. We can say that it will be released first [on the Xbox 360]. Whether we'll release it on the PS3 is undecided. We may release it, we may not."

Another Square Enix game, The Last Remnant, will be multiplatform. However, the game will debut on Xbox 360 first this year, with a PS3 version to come some time after, perhaps next year. This continues Microsoft's aggressive push to secure the Japanese RPG market, with Square Enix's Infinite Undiscovery being an Xbox 360 exclusive as well. PS3 fans need not fret too much, because at the very least, the Final Fantasy XIII games are still exclusive on PS3. For now.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    A bit annoying but we do know something. When Sony announce that a game is going to be exclusive to the PS3 it remains only ever released on that platform. In contrast when M$ announce an exclusive game for the 360 it doesn't mean this at all, but instead just means they got it first and it will eventually appear on the PS3, PC, or both.

The waiting time between the 360 releases and the PS3 releases could mean they are adding extra content or making the game look better. Which can only be a good thing.

I may still buy a 360 at some point because there are some games that are only ever going to be seen on the system. However as the system is on the verge of starting to fail (regardless of what anyone says, it will happen), so I'm waiting and will snap one up when they discount them to clear and get one for around £60.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    A bit annoying but we do know something. When Sony announce that a game is going to be exclusive to the PS3 it remains only ever released on that platform. In contrast when M$ announce an exclusive game for the 360 it doesn't mean this at all, but instead just means they got it first and it will eventually appear on the PS3, PC, or both.
    Another factor, that I can see, is the storage media used. The BD format certainly does restrict the possibilities of PS3 'exclusives' making the jump to 360, although PC versions could still remain a distinct possibility.

The waiting time between the 360 releases and the PS3 releases could mean they are adding extra content or making the game look better. Which can only be a good thing.
    Or they are still struggling with getting to grips with the system, although that is certainly to be the least likely option. Again, it just be a case of M$ throwing money at the companies.

I may still buy a 360 at some point because there are some games that are only ever going to be seen on the system. However as the system is on the verge of starting to fail (regardless of what anyone says, it will happen), so I'm waiting and will snap one up when they discount them to clear and get one for around £60.
    Another reason for the exclusives, as it keeps a dying system on its feet. I still have no interest in the 360 simply because the number of games that appeal to me are even less than there are on the Wii. And one of those few Wii games looks like it may not make it.
    This is not a signature

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm pretty sure all three consoles are actually in rude health, despite what the gamefaqueers and their ilk will have you believe.

Enjoy the good time, my friends.