Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Above Average Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

Tosec to Gamebase?

I have a full Tosec collection of amiga games and i'd like to use it with Gamebase amiga... Anyone knows how i could transform my set to something useable with Gamebase? i think they all need to be zipped by game and placed in alphabetically named folders but i don't really feel like doing it manually

SOLVED

I've used clearmame and the .dat file provided here
    Last edited by my_lo; 21st June 2008 at 16:51. Reason: Double posting - posts have been automerged

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have another question concerning this:

when i use clearmame to transform my tosec set to one usable by gamebase, do the diferent disks of a game have to be in the same zip?
    For example:

Alien Breed_Disk1.zip
    Alien Breed_Disk2.zip

OR

Alien Breed.zip (containing disk1 & 2)

Because when i launch the game, it works fine except that it still prompts when i need to swap disks and then i have to swap them via winuae.
    Is it because of the zip files or is there another way for gamebase to automically swap the disks?

Also, besides editing the .uae file in the configurations folder of gamebase, is there another way to speed up the floppies to 800% speed?

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Disk swapping during a game is really down to the game as it is how the game is coded rather than using gamebase.

If you want to get rid of diskswapping/adf swapping altogether have a look at the KGWHD project and it is easiest to use it with the classicwb setup.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Excuse my noobishness but i don't really understand the whole whdload thing.

1. I have installed winuae + classicWB full
    2. I have copied my whdload key to s
    3. I have the kgwhd packs
    4. I have the complete tosec set

So, i mount a hd with my uncompressed kgwhd packs. I go to the folder of alien breed for example, i click on the icon and the spashscreen team17 pop up but then it stops and comes back to the workbench...
    Do i need to do something else?

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Actually, i have made a few other tests and, for example, 3d pool doesn't work but 1943 does. Is it a problem of kickstart or simply a non working game, alien breed doesn't work and 1000miglia either but beneath a steel sky works perfectly...
    They all come from the KGWHD packs, is it normal or do i have to change the kickstart (or another solution)?

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    You should have the base kickstarts installed in DEVS:kickstarts. If you read the documentation for WHDLoad it tells you whichj kickstarts you need and any other aditional files.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep. WHDLoad should work perfectly with a Kickstart 3.1 and Workbench 3.1 setup. It runs older A500 games by using some emulation and a image of the original kickstart 1.3 roms, placed (as Buleste said) in your DEVS:kickstart directory.

Hopefully then all of the older games you try should run and work properly.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have all the kickstarts in the DEV:kickstarts folder and still many games just don't work.

Here is what i do:

1. I open dopus and i extract Alien breed - tower assault from the kgwhd pack to the game folder with the letter A, then i exit dopus

2. I open the drawer game - letter A and i go in the drawer Alien breed - Tower assault

3. I dubble click on the icon Alien Breed - tower assault

4. The mini info screen of whdload appears (i have bought a key, it's an offical...)

5. The spalsh screen team 17 appears, then fades and i'm back to the workbench

It does the same thing with almost 80% of the games

I only use the KGWHD packs, do i also need to add the adf disks of the games in the folder?

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, you don't need to add the ADFs. All of the game data is already included with the KGWHD packs.

What setup are you using to run the games? Many WHDLoad installers need some fast ram to work. A minimum setup to get some games to run is 2MB of chip ram, but for many of the game you will also need some fast ram. A minimum setup I would recommend to run most well would be at least a 68030 CPU with 2MB chip ram and 4MB fast ram. More ram the better though.

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Do you have the .RTB files??? have you tried running snoopdos to see at what point it fails. Do you get any error messages? Do your kickstart images have the correct file name? And as Harrison says what setup are you using.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD