Thread: Pcmcia Ethernet

Average Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

Pcmcia Ethernet

Does anyone Have tried this card and knows how to set it up on the A1200 OS 3.5?
    Really need help to configure both Amiga and PC, instruction came in Dutch...

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've got a set of PCMCIA ethernet instructions in English. It is for a card supplied from Amigakit, but I expect the software is identical and the same to setup. If you would like I can scan these instructions in for you tomorrow and upload them?

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Average Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    That would be great! if you have some free time i would appreciate, if not for tomorrow, for another day, i can wait

By the way, another question, on PC side do i have to use the supplied program or can i use Filezilla for ftp program? Does the amiga see's the ntfs shared folders or do i have to share a fat partition (like a SD card)?
    Last edited by JLPedro; 17th June 2008 at 20:48. Reason: Double posting - posts have been automerged

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not 100% sure why you even need an FTP program on the PC side. If you set your PCMCIA network card up on the Amiga with a TCP/IP stack such as Miami or Genesis, or AmigaKit's EasyNet, then the Amiga will just be on the same LAN network as the PC and you will be able to use the broadband internet connection, as well as see and share files between the Amiga and PC.

Or alternatively if you installed Amiga OS 3.9 it comes with the Genesis TCP/IP stack already installed so you shouldn't actually need any additional software installed.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Average Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Been some time since i've put my hands on this again , but now i'v managed to link both machines (Amiga and PC thru crossover ethernet cable), i can do ping on both machines and it works fine , but i can't make amiga explorer to work... on the amiga side it starts and say connectoin: tcp/ip; TCPLibrary: bsdsocket.library; Packetsize: 50, on pc side i click right mouse on the icon and set to tcp/ip, packetsize 50, but still no conection! what am i doing wrong (all firewalls disabled just to make shure)!?
    Last edited by JLPedro; 5th July 2008 at 23:07.

Deadly Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    @JLPedro

are the Subnet masks the same?
    If i had a hammer, I would hammer in the morning, i would hammer in the evening, i would hammer all day

Average Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, PC: 192.168.0.1, Amiga: 192.168.0.2 Subnet mask : 255.255.255.000 (PC and Amiga).

Amazing! Just got it working, using the amiga supplied disk and downloaded an ftp server program called TYPSoft which i configured as anonimous and gives the amiga acess to a directory on the pc here i can put anyting i need to download to the amiga side!

Still have to test speed transfering, but is much better than recording an cdrw every time i want someting on the amiga!
    Last edited by JLPedro; 5th July 2008 at 23:43. Reason: Double posting - posts have been automerged

Deadly Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    @JLPedro

Thats Excellent news!!! WELL DONE!!!!
    If i had a hammer, I would hammer in the morning, i would hammer in the evening, i would hammer all day