At 20 degrees C:
    0% flash use: 67 rolls
    50% flash use: 30 rolls
    100% flash use: 22 rolls

At -10 degrees C:
    0% flash use: 44 rolls
    50% flash use: 20 rolls
    100% flash use: 15 rolls

I don't intend to use it at such low temperatures and don't use flash very often so according to this I'd expect to get about 35-45 out of it.

I do leave them in when not in use. I didn't think that would make much difference, but I will remove them between films in the future.

Wiseguy Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Was this the original batteries that came with the camera? Many manufacturers of electronic equipment that include batteries only provide poor batteries that don't last very long "only for testing purposes" and recommend that you switch them for proper ones as soon as possible. So that list may be for when you have gotten new, good batteries for it and not for the original ones.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is annoying common practice with all electronics it seems. With printers you only get a partly filled or smaller than normal ink cartridge included. With camcorders you get the smallest battery available, and with digital cameras the smallest memory card they make.

I know they only supply these with the theory that it is so you can have a play around with the hardware as soon as you get it, but for example the memory card supplied with the last digital camera I bought was 32MB and the camera was a 7.1MP camera. This meant it was good for 6 photos at full resolution. So the memory card was basically useless and not worth having in the first place. It would have been better if they had not included it and reducing the price of the camera by a few pounds.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm pretty sure my Canon inkjet printer came with full cartidges. They certainly lasted a long time, and didn't say trial size on them like some Dell ones which I have seen.

My digital camera didn't come with a memory card at all so I ordered a 512MB one. It did however have about 32MB internal memory.

I would be surprised if the batteries that canon sent to me were only short life ones. Though they could have been.

Going back to printers, I really did get a good bargain with my LaserJet 4M Plus back when I got it in September 2006. Second hand from a company that services printers, it was in excellent condition, came with a toner cartridge that was not gaurunteed, and still has plenty left in it now, and it has been used alot. And the whole lot cost me £25 inc postage.