Putting someone's head in a blender

I tell you what I hate about the internet these days - every freaking person thinking their useless inane thoughts are so important that they're worth storing for every single person in the world to read, forever.

I see this most if I'm reading one of those science news articles where Joe 'Techie' McBumblepants thinks by adding a slightly intelligent-sounding comment, he knows everything there is to know about the subject. And anyone who doesn't follow what's going on, instead of Googling for it to find out, will dispute that it is real or even possible.

Such as here, in which a collection of vegetables discuss AT GREAT LENGTH if a material that absorbs all light would appear black, as 'different shades of black', or invisible.

It's not the fact that it's a very simple thing to understand, it's the fact that people bother to dispute it and, even worse, people take time out of their day to PAINSTAKINGLY and in INTRICATE DETAIL reply back to explain to them why they're wrong. NO-ONE CARES, they really, really don't. The goats-for-brains won't be coming back to this page, and you haven't enlightened them. The only thing that has happened is that more of your life has been sucked away, and you will never get it back.

If only all comments were like the ones on this page. Clever, well thought-out, and clearly a different class of people altogether.

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Geez, those ppl are truly fools.
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

A few choice morsels from the "if it absorbs ALL light, is it invisible or black?" debate.

Anonymous: "Wow, some gigantic retards in here. Absorbing all light makes it BLACK, not invisible. Jesus."

Brian: "Not entirely invisible, it would basically appear as a formless shape as you couldn't clearly see the edges. If it was invisible it would absorb NO light, or refract, defract or bounce it."

Bret McDanel: The guy who states the three Laws of Thermodynaics to back up his case. Actually, four including the "Zeroth", ending with "There is a tentative 4th law, but it's not official yet"

lolzors: "for an idiot you sure know how to make yourself knowledgeable! haha he even hyphenated 'retransmitted'..." (surely the best mock ever)

Cycnic: "I love this type of article, it brings out the best in the internet but cripples my belief in the majority of Humanity"

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I love the quote: ""for an idiot you sure know how to make yourself knowledgeable!"

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Poor Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    "for an idiot you sure know how to make yourself knowledgeable!"
    Didn't Quark say that to Rom ?
    Amiga A1200 Desktop
    3.1 OS, 3.1 Roms
    4GB HD 2.5", 750MB EXT HD
    CD ROM, 1GB CF (PCMCIA)
    Blizzard 1230 MK4 + FPU & 128 MB RAM