Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

winue - How can i shortcut a configuration?

Is it possible to create a shortcut of a configuration to avoid when starting winuae to choose configuration? I wanted a icon that when i click it starts winuae with my amigasys configuration allready selected.
    A500 - A600 - A1200

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    add -f <configfile> to the shortcut

i.e. "C:\Program Files\WINUAE\winuae.exe" -f "C:\Program Files\WINUAE\Configurations\Configfile.uae"

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    AlexJ,

I put:
    "C:\Program Files\WinUAE\winuae.exe" -f "C:\Program Files\WINUAE\Configurations\AmigaSYS 4 ok.uae"

When i click the shortcut, it loads winuae and my configis selected, but steel it needs forme to click "start", can i add start also in the shortcut?
    A500 - A600 - A1200

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

Make sure that's unticked in your config

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok, thanks Alexj
    A500 - A600 - A1200

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Alternatively, if you install WinUAE using the installer, rather than the zip package, then it registers the .uae file extension in Windows. Or you can easily setup .uae to point to your WinUAE installation manually. From then on if you double click any .uae file it will automatically load WinUAE along with the config you double clicked on.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    Alternatively, if you install WinUAE using the installer, rather than the zip package, then it registers the .uae file extension in Windows. Or you can easily setup .uae to point to your WinUAE installation manually. From then on if you double click any .uae file it will automatically load WinUAE along with the config you double clicked on.

I used the install version when he doesn't associate *.uae to anything, if i double click on them they dont do anything....
    Well, anyway, the shortcut solution works fine
    A500 - A600 - A1200

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    That's cool, I didn't know that!
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have this shortcut working in my main laptop:
    "C:\Program Files\WINUAE\winuae.exe" -f "C:\Program Files\WINUAE\Configurations\Configfile.uae"

But when i put it in my 2nd laptop, exactly the same winuae paths/directorys etc...
    he says:
    "the file c:\program can not be found"

what ?!?!?!?!?!?

my objective is in this 2nd laptop put winuae in a direct boot. I did a fresh install of XP, remove the win logo, the welcome screen, and then i would like to put :
    "C:\Program Files\WINUAE\winuae.exe" -f "C:\Program Files\WINUAE\Configurations\Configfile.uae"
    in regedit instead of explorer.exe

but first i mush be sure it works, and it does not workd.... both laptops have the same directorys... anyone have any sugestion?
    (to overpass this situation, i did a file.bat with OLD DOS command to go to the directory, and then lauch winuae and then the configuration, it works, but.... it's not the same, i dont want to see anything windows related..)
    A500 - A600 - A1200