Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Exclusive Atari ST games that were never ported to the Amiga

We know that the Atari ST was physically hardware inferior to the Amiga, but there were still quite a few commercial Atari ST games that never saw an Amiga release. This has always interested me because, even though the Amiga is and probably always will be my favourite gaming platform, the ST and all other gaming platforms always have their own special and unique games to play.

So far from the old thread Atari ST games that outshone the Amiga we have a few exclusive ST games mentioned, plus I've collected together quite a few more.

The list I have so far is as following (with links to Atari Legend entries):

* = need to check there isn't an Amiga version
    + = available now on Amiga, but never officially released

Are there any more anyone can think of?

They don't have to be exclusive to the Atari ST. Just not released on the Amiga. For example Star Trek was also released for DOS and the C64, but never on the Amiga.

I know that the early US ST released were mostly never ported, Early Activision, Ere Informatique, Hippo and Loricels games, Atari Corp games... will have to check the releases from those to see if there are any more that were not released on the Amiga.

Update: I've just found a load more listed on a few forums. I've updated the list above to include them. Quite a few for us all to try and enjoy via emulation.
    Last edited by Harrison; 16th February 2010 at 14:28.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Star Quake (Wiki page here)

will add more as, when and if I find them.
    This is not a signature

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How could I have forgotten about Starquake! That is still one of my all time favourite games from my CPC464 days. I never did find the ST version back at the time even though I searched for it, and I've still not played the ST version. Looking at the screenshots on Atari Legend it looks a lot more colourful and polished so I will have to dig this one up for a play.

I've added it into the list now.

I've also just gone through the list of ST games released by Atari Corporation as it was a near guarantee that non of those were ever released on the Amiga! I've added those into the list now too. It is very easy to forget that Atari did own the licenses to many games as they released a lot of cabinets in the arcades over the years.
    Last edited by Harrison; 12th June 2008 at 23:10.

Leeuwarden, Netherlands Or Hell from time to time
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have Sundog, still in original wrappings.
    Wonder if its worth something now.
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I finally got to play the ST version of StarQuake today.

I couldn't find the game anywhere and it didn't seem to be in the ST TOSEC collection, but then I finally found it today in the ST TOSEC set inside the games compilations set. It is on the same disk as Xenon and released as a 2 game Atari Greats disk. Therefore I assume it was bundled with some STs in 1988.

The game plays exactly the same as the CPC version I used to play, but with much nicer graphics. The CPC version shared the limited graphics from the ZX Spectrum version.

Has made me want to complete the game now.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've added a couple more games to this list now. There are some great ST excusives here that never made the Amiga. Worth firing up an emulator for.