Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

no more Gasoline in Portugal

Today, gasoline will be over...
    last gas stations are selling the last liters of gasoline, tomorrow will be no more.

This is getting very serious
    What a fxxx is happening ?

With no gasoline/fuel will be caos...
    A500 - A600 - A1200

Average Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I still have the chance to use my Clio 1.9d with used vegetable oil!! ,it was running 70% diesel and 30% vegetal oil, but now i think it will be more likely to be 100% vegetal used oil....

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We haven't had anything on our News in the UK about fuel shortages in Portugal. I just had to look it up after reading this topic. How long has the fuel strike been going on there?

And from what I just read there is also a fuel strike in Spain. Is that right?

@JLPedro Have you had your Clio converted over properly to run vegetable Oil?

What is the strike about? Is it because of the current price of fuel at petrol stations? Or is it something else?

In the UK I am surprised we haven't had a strike yet. About 7 years we had a country wide strike due to fuel prices because they went over £1 per litre. But now the petrol prices are about £1.17 per litre for petrol and £1.30 per litre for diesel, but no one has said anything about the prospect of a strike.

There has been talk of an Esso only strike that could take place this Friday. But this is over a pay dispute between the Shell tanker drivers and Esso. Nothing to do with fuel prices.

And our prices are getting really bad. I filled my car up with £30 of petrol yesterday and it only gave me 25 litres of petrol. In comparison only last year I was getting 30 litres of fuel for the same price. Something has to be done about this because these prices are shooting up way beyond inflation rates and I just don't understand why. Why is a barrel of crewed oil now so expensive? The actual oil/petroleum companies are making record profits! Yo could understand it if this wasn't the case and they had to raise prices due to overstretched demand, but this just isn't the case at all.

Some sight the unstable situation in the middle east as being the main factor in the price increase of a barrel of oil. But this isn't true. Production and supply of oil is perfectly fine. The price is being driven up by political and speculator factors, and the oil companies are taking full advantage of this situation as it is a sellers market at the moment. Everyone needs oil and so they have to pay the price whatever it might be. The governments of the world have to do something about this. Surely a company can't suddenly raise the price of oil so much, sighting unrest in the middle east and the uncertainty of supply as the main reason, but then at the same time post profits that are 70% higher than the previous year!

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    We haven't had anything on our News in the UK about fuel shortages in Portugal. I just had to look it up after reading this topic. How long has the fuel strike been going on there?
    It was on the news this evening (Channel4 at least). Sounds like it's got very violent in places.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    Something has to be done about this because these prices are shooting up way beyond inflation rates and I just don't understand why. Why is a barrel of crewed oil now so expensive? The actual oil/petroleum companies are making record profits! Yo could understand it if this wasn't the case and they had to raise prices due to overstretched demand, but this just isn't the case at all. Is it just greed?
    Yep - the whole world is reliant on the product so they can charge whatever the feel like and people have no option but to pay.

Competent Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    The fuel crisis is becoming a very real event. I cant help but thinking that the price is artificailly high at the moment - there has been no shortage in production and there are no big global events happening now that have not been happening for that last few years. Yes, China and India's economies are booming but they have been for years now, and to cite this as a reason for the massive rise in the last few months makes no sense whatsoever. Its funny cos the govournment seems reticent to change this - something I find incredible especially since in britian tax accounts for approx 60% of the cost. I would be interested to see what happens in Portugal if all the fuel runs out for a few days - even if it eventually happens here too. If everyone is in the same situation then what will happen - will we all resort to cycling to work? I cant see me taking on the 4 mile long hill then 5 mile hike on busy roads to my work every morning. Home working may be the answer or perhaps a return to the 3 day week of the 80's is on the horizon!
    [I]Such heroic nonsense[/I]

Average Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    No need for convertion, its an 1998 clio 1 Phase 2 with fuel injector pump, only needs to make convertion common Rail diesel engines with turbo (dci, tdi, hdi etc...)

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    For many getting to work without their car would be a physical impossibility. I for example have to travel over 20 miles to get to my place of work and this is on a motorway. If I had to do that journey using A roads and back roads then the distance would be much longer. There is no way anyone could expect me to cycle this far to work.

And what will happen to public transport if this shortage happens? Will they also run out of fuel? Or do they have supplies from other sources?

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JLPedro View Post
    No need for convertion, its an 1998 clio 1 Phase 2 with fuel injector pump, only needs to make convertion common Rail diesel engines with turbo (dci, tdi, hdi etc...)
    So if you get an older diesel car without a turbo you can just run pure vegetable oil without any problems? Interesting.

Do you have to do anything to the used oil before you can put it into the car? Filter it for example to remove any particles/food?

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well Harrison, there's strikes and blocades, the truck drivers have their trucks stoped at borders and dont allow anyone to pass... i think they let go medical stuff only, but is not only in Portugal, France have a similar situation.

I just read now that in Portugal goverment and truck drivers reach a deal... so maybe the blocade will end here in PT, but in France will keep going i think
    A500 - A600 - A1200

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I find it strange that we haven't had wider coverage of this in our news.