Thread: A new kitten!

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Another reason I prefer dogs!

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dogs are just as bad at chewing (you should see some of the marks my ex girlfriends left me.(Ba dum bom Tssshhh(That replicating playing the drums))). One of my friends dogs chewed up one of my STS AGA disks. I couldn't play STS for years!!!
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's just down to the dog not being trained properly. My dogs have never chewed up anything I've owned because they were never allowed to and they knew it.

In comparison you can't really teach a cat to not do something. They dig their nails in everything and ruin all of your furniture, and are sick all over the place ruining your carpets, and leaving nice presents for you to step on or find on a window ledge. Not nice.

Wiseguy Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    You can "teach" a cat to not do things at least in your presence. That is, you can teach it to respect that you're the dominant one. Staring it down will take care of that. May take a little while if the cat is particularily willful, but any housecat that isn't outright mad will give in to a person, usually in a short while. After that, a sharp "no!" and hard stare at a cat will stop it dead in it's tracks at whatever it is doing. And it will learn what it can and can't do from this. At least while in your presence. I've had a few cats over the years and this has always worked for me.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    The great cat/dog debate will never end. Dog lovers will always prefer dogs and cat lovers will always be slightly mad (me included as i own 3). Cats will always do what they want (If they can get away with it) and dogs will always be obedient (If trained properly)(I'm talking generalisations and i'm also hoping that the world is full of responsible owners). The one thing that can be said is that all reptile owners are either rockers or goths (or their modern equivelents).
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No way. Most reptile owners are new age hippies!

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    You're just being argumentative now!!!! I've never seen a hippy owning a Python only rockers and goths generally because they like feeding them dead stuff.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What about strippers?

Leeuwarden, Netherlands Or Hell from time to time
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Guess Harrison is rather cat biased.
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My girlfriend has a cat. He is OK, but no substitute for a dog. I wouldn't mind having both, but I think the only way to do that is to get a kitten and puppy at the same time so they are used to each other from being very small.