Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Deadly Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

Classic Amiga: Featured in Micro Mart

Hello there forum chummies,

Now I have in my hot little handies a Micro Mart that my m8 Yorkie brought over..

let me read you something interesting.

Micro Mart: 26th March 2008

Page 111

Quote Originally Posted by MicroMart
    ClassicAmiga.com

I stumbled across this site the other day purely by chance, and was rather impressed by what I saw, so I joined there and then.

The site, as you would expect, is dedicated to everything to do with 'classic' Amigas - that is the real Amiga machines produced by Commodore and Amiga Technologies, and the emulation of those original machines. Emulation on PC, PSP and everything else for that matter is included.

The site is building up a directory of all Amiga Games released, with reviews [though they've some way to go], plus Amiga demo scene productions.

If you have any interest in the classic type Amigas, its worth joining the main site and the forum, as though I'm not a fan of forums and message boards in general, it does seem a little more civilised than many Amiga-related forums I occasionally visit

Visit the site at www.classicamiga.com
    If i had a hammer, I would hammer in the morning, i would hammer in the evening, i would hammer all day

ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

Snake Champion, Invasion Champion Puni/Void's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for sharing the information, Zetro. I was happy to see that Classicamiga.com got such good coverage.

Now, I'm not very familiar with Micro Mart, so I wondered what exactly it is?

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's a magazine dedicated to all things computers. It mostly deals with selling stuff and advice on what to buy.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

Snake Champion, Invasion Champion Puni/Void's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok, thanks for that Buleste.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh wow, that is cool. Was that an article by one of the MM staff members, or was it a reader submission/letter?

If you still have the copy of that issue would you be able to scan it in for me so I can post about it in the main site new section?

I've not bought a copy of Micro Mart in some time now. I used to in the Amiga days and the late 90's, and have since bought a few copies. In addition to all the wanted/for sale adverts they do always have some interesting articles too.

@PG Think of Micro Mart as a paper version of Amibay. It has been in print for a long time now (since the Amiga days) and is a weekly paper/magazine that contains for sale/wanted adverts posted by readers. It covers all computer systems, hardware and software and you can often find some good bargains in there if you have the time to scan through everything. You can check out their website at http://www.micromart.co.uk/

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

I stumbled across this site the other day purely by chance, and was rather impressed by what I saw, so I joined there and then.

If you have any interest in the classic type Amigas, its worth joining the main site and the forum, as though I'm not a fan of forums and message boards in general, it does seem a little more civilised than many Amiga-related forums I occasionally visit
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    I've not bought a copy of Micro Mart in some time now. I used to in the Amiga days and the late 90's, and have since bought a few copies.
    What you mean, SiteAdmin, is that you buy it every week

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

My god do they not read the posts???? We are not civilised at all. In fact i go out of my way not to be civil or ised.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

Deadly Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    @Harrison

I beleive the article was possibly written by "Sven Harvey"

I am sure Yorkie would be more than happy to let me pass the micro-mart on to you my friend, I think it would be good for your collection

I will try and get it to you on wednesday, if not before
    If i had a hammer, I would hammer in the morning, i would hammer in the evening, i would hammer all day

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great. Cheers for that.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Deadly Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    LOL thank the yorkie

Classic Amiga (click linkie)