Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    For the true collectors edition of Shadow of the Beast, you need to look for the one that came with a T-Shirt! I bet that is either very very rare, or no longer exists complete.

I know exactly what you mean by being addicted to buying games. I got into that habit a few years ago. I had to find and buy all of the RPGs for the original Playstation. I hunted everywhere to find the games and did eventually find and buy every RPG released in the UK and the US. Took me over a year but was great to get them all. And I've still not played them all yet!

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Leeuwarden, Netherlands Or Hell from time to time
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Its really great of having such a collection after a while but you sometimes have to make quite some costs to get them.

I thought I could compensate with selling some of my old stuff but I learned today that in general its rather difficult to get some good money for old games.

I wanted to sell of some complete Gameboy games, loose Game Gear games and a complete Game Gear with battery pack, but unfortunate no one is interested in that stuff anymore.

The store where I went to found it already difficult to give me thirty Euros for it as it is very difficult to sell on again so in the end I settled for a coupon instead.

Irritating as I had hoped to get fifty of sixty Euros for it which I could then use to pay Alien Breed 3D and some other games I wanted to have.
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    |You would have done better selling that stuff on ebay or Amibay. Sega Gamegears and stuff like that are sort after. You just need to find the right people who are interested.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Downloads
    Uploads
    That is the problem sometimes, I really don't know which people to ask.
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well my copy of Alien Breed 3D came into today, I can strike that of the list of 'games to get'.
    As I understand from several sources; both board members and magazines, there is no point in getting Alien Breed 3D: The Killing Grounds.

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't agree with that. TKG is a good game if you have a powerfull Amigaand much better than AB3D. Although i would say why not try the WHDownload or KG versions before you decide. If you haven't already got it but want to buy it just make sure you don't pay too much for it. I'd say don't pay more than £5.00 for it unless it's a brand new sealed version.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

Downloads
    Uploads
    Indeed Buleste, I wouldn't pay more for it if the condition isn't other than new or mint.
    I got this game for 8 GBP, I probably could have gotten a copy for cheaper but this was the direct sales price and I didn't feel like competing with other people.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Who here have actually been able to run Alien Breed 3D 2 properly?
    According to the magazines not even the most powerful Amigas were able to run it properly at the time.

ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

Snake Champion, Invasion Champion Puni/Void's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I remember playing this game on my A1200 with a 030 and 16MB fast when it was released. It wasn't exactly fast, but if you lowered the resolution and tweaked it a bit, it was playable. There was also a patch released that speeded the game up to a certain degree. This patch should be available for download on Aminet.net.

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you have an 030 i'd say forget running it in 1:1 mode. TBH i'd say forget it full stop. I have it running at a good speed on my 040 with the RTG version. If you have an 040 or 060 the reason it is not as fast as it should is because the AGA chipset is not good enough.

EDIT
    If you want to appreciate how quick TKG can be try running Quake.
    Last edited by Buleste; 2nd September 2008 at 20:35. Reason: Double posting - posts have been automerged
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD