Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've just looked at the back of by TKG box and the display is at full screen. Does anyone know how to achive this or is it just a feature of the non existent CGX version?
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sure you can run it full screen by changing the display settings. It has been a while so I can't remember if it was a menu option in the game or some keyboard shortcuts. I do seem to remember you could toggle the screen settings while playing using some keys to change the pixel size from 2x2 to 1x1 and the size of the display area.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    i know if you press "+"and "-" on the number pad you can adjust the size but never to full screen. I also know there is a rtg patch so at least you can try different screenmodes but nothing to get a full screen in 1x1 mode. Never tried it in 2x1 mode as i've always had a good machine and wanted to show it off with a good FPS.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

Deadly Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have to admit, I was utterly disapointed with Alien Breed 3D, the graphics were messy at best and well at worse. (and this is on my 060)

I never got to play ABII-TKG infact i think the first one put me off to be honest.

I completely reveled in the 2d games though, some fantastic gaming times!

I did hammer Gloom, but its an ugly beast even in 1x1

but like Harrison, when DOOM came out for the Amiga.... OH MY, 640x256x8!!!

Then Doom 2: Thy Flesh Consumed!!, Hexen, Heretic... Quake (even though that was suck worthy even on my cybervision643d mk2 and 64mb 060@50 ) fecking loved the music CD that comes with it though.... I used to put that on playing in the back ground when playing Doom.

I loved the Music from Death masque, to be honest, thats the best thing i can say about that game LOL.
    If i had a hammer, I would hammer in the morning, i would hammer in the evening, i would hammer all day

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Boy do i feel dumb. It's not in the documentation but if you press "Enter" on the numeric keypad you get a full screen. However even with rtg mode using my PPC it's slow. I'll just go back to playing Quake.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

Leeuwarden, Netherlands Or Hell from time to time
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So I take it there are still people today who play FPS games on the Amiga?

I asked about the Alien Breed 3D games as I was considering collecting them, would that still be interesting today?
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is definitely still of interest because even though the Amiga was not suppose to be able to do 3D graphics like Doom due to the way it's graphics work, people quickly proved this theory wrong and showed it was very possible with a whole series of 3D doom style games.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetr0
    Quake (even though that was suck worthy even on my cybervision643d mk2 and 64mb 060@50 )
    I had actually moved to the dark side by that point and played Quake on my nice shiny new (at the time) P2 PC.

Leeuwarden, Netherlands Or Hell from time to time
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I found the first game for sale for 20GBP

http://retrogamescatalog.com/acatalo...oot-Em-Up.html

Is that worth it?
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]

Deadly Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    It might be if anything cheaper to attempt to buy these games using AmiBay

£20 for a game thats been out of production for nearly 10 years, is a bout £18 to much LOL

but at the end of the day, you need to be happy with the product and the price you pay. but I would atleast give it a go first.
    If i had a hammer, I would hammer in the morning, i would hammer in the evening, i would hammer all day

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree. Try posted a wanted advert on Amibay and see if anyone contacts you. £20 is quite expensive for an Amiga game. Most Amiga games sell on ebay for about £1-6, with the exception of very specific titles like Moonstone.

But how much you are prepared to pay comes down to how much you want a game I suppose and how long you are prepared to wait for one to appear for sale.

I did just check on ebay for you and found these:

Alien Breed 3D 2 - €1
    2D Alien Breed games - £0.99