Poll: How many consoles & computers do you have (no PCs)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Mostly Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    Does a MAME cabinet count? Or is that still a PC.

I wished I had the room in here for an arcade cabinet!

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Commodore 64 DTV
    I have that one too, put it right to the list just now. I never tested it, as it needs 4 batteries and I'm too lazy to put them in and hook the thing to the TV, I guess it works

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Teho View Post
    Playstation 2 (2 of them, one slim and one old model. But old one has a busted lens)
    Same here - the old one showed Disk Read Error for everything, so I got a new one. However I found a guide online that showed how to fiddle with the laser a bit and got it working again so my doorstop PS2 is working again.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is a common problem with the older "brick" PS2. Although I have the original 30003 model and it still (touch wood) works perfectly.

And my slim PS2 has the voltage mod fitted to help protect its lens from burnout, which was a common problem on the slimline model when running modchips and DVD-Rs.

BTW, did you know that many people think that running CD-R and DVD-R discs on a console drive reduces the drives life? I haven't personally seen any evidence to support this as I have an original PSX from 1996 that is modded and has always used CD-Rs and still works perfectly. What do you think of this belief?

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Vintage gamer and metal head LowercaseE's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Amiga 1000 in original box, that's quite a cool item to have in your collection LowercaseE.

Once I get the Amiga models page started on the main site, would it be possible to take some pictures of the A1000 and the box for the site? As I've only ever managed to find generic A1000 images from the original adverts so far that every site I come across seems to also be using. Would be great to have some original detailed pictures of the system from the front, back etc...
    Sure, I'm actually taking a half day at work today so I'll dig it out and snap some photos.
    --------DO NOT SUPPORT LIONSGATE FILMS-------

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    There's also some quite good A1000 (and A600, A1200) photos here which are available under an attribution licence: http://flickr.com/photos/joachim_s_m...7594160368108/

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Some good pictures there Alex, shame the A1200 keyboard in the pictures is so yellow. I'm so glad Commodore changed the keyboard layout after the A1000, that is one thing I never liked about that system.

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Never mind the keys, look at the lettering! QWERTZ?

Anyway, the A1200 isn't so important as most of us have one, and could take photos if needed.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh yeah, never noticed that before. I'm sure the real system I've used in the past wasn't like that. There is also a smaller Y and Z printed on both keys too. Wonder if it's due to another language keymap or something?

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh yeah, never noticed that before. I'm sure the real system I've used in the past wasn't like that. There is also a smaller Y and Z printed on both keys too. Wonder if it's due to another language keymap or something?
    Might be a German layout. They were very popular over there.

EDIT: Yep, German keyboards swap the Y and Z - http://www.sussex.ac.uk/its/faciliti...rds/german.gif

There's your fact of the day, ladies and gentlemen.