Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    He's probably saving that title for his Autobiography!
    This is not a signature

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thats going to be "When I had a neck: George Lucas the early (talented) years."
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

For those who dare! ClassicWB dev
    VIP
    Forum Mod
    Chopper Challenge Champion, The Collector Champion, BombJack Arcade Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Paintballing - Assault Champion, Tower 13 - Adventures In Body Saving Champion, Himalayaya Champion, Sea Dogs Champion, Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion, Operation Switchover Champion Bloodwych's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Buleste View Post
    Thats going to be "When I had a neck: George Lucas the early (talented) years."
    LOL!!!
    Live Long and Procrastinate
    A500 Batman Pack
    Classic Workbench

Leeuwarden, Netherlands Or Hell from time to time
    Downloads
    Uploads
    In one Simpsons comic, a bunch of criminals had set up a health and relax resort for celebrities and rich people, when those arrived they were secretly replaced by actors while the real people were forced to work in sweat shops.
    The actors would go back and sell all assets and properties of the people they impersonated to cash in.

Captives include Bill Gates and the head of Apple but also George Lucas.

At the end of the comic the captives were released and Lucas discovered that in his absence his double had continued the Star Wars franchise.

Lucas while beating up his double "Jar Jar Binks? Jar Jar Binks!"

Perhaps that really has happened with Lucas.
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]

Leeuwarden, Netherlands Or Hell from time to time
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello all,

Well I have just watched Indy IV in the theater, here are my thoughts of it.

*** Warning Spoilers! ***

I agree with others that it is in general an enjoyable movie, IMO at least more than current similar genre movies, I do feel that it is not really up to par with the original three movies.

There are a few nitpicks here and there I really think are overdone or would not have been needed.

The whole atomic test scene, I am sure that the more scientific knowledgeable people on the forum will agree with me that it is impossible to survive something on such a close range in a refrigerator with lead in it.
    At that range wouldn't lead start to melt or become incredible hot, pretty much boiling Indy?

The Ant scene, while I have heard of the ferocious ants in the Amazon region (don't know the exact species), I don't think they drag of prey the size of humans into an anthill.

Even in the terms of Indiana Jones that is rather pushing it

The whole Tarzan scene was rather ridiculous.

And now for the biggest nitpick, the whole alien angle, were as in the previous movies there was still somewhat of an aura of mystery regarding the McGuffin of the movie (perhaps a little less in Temple of Doom), there was barely any mystery regarding the said crystal skull.

It was quickly made clear that it was the skull of an alien and that it could have all kinds of magical powers and great knowledge, in this case mind control.

Regarding the flying saucer part, not sure what to think of the alien resurrection part, that it was really needed, I have doubts about that.
    I have played "Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis" and "Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine", both games also featured mysteries that dealt with advanced technology and a little bit of what may seem super natural, so the whole theme of ancient super knowledge isn't so bad, but is kind of the execution that I found a bit lacking.

The whole revelation of super inter dimensional creatures, they could have left that part away.

As for the end scene, well I guess Lucas wanted to give the saga some resolution, but honestly, we don't need a 'Son of Indiana Jones' series starring Shia LaBeouf which was so obviously hinted at the ending.
    I didn't find Mutt that interesting.

PS, one thing they never explained is why the Russians needed the alien remains from Area 51, all they seemed to need was the skull the Conquistadors had taken with them.
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I saw it today,
    some parts of the movie it looks like Indiana, some parts He looks like other person, strange, he cannot have that look of indiana/han solo forever...
    So by age he has, i think he was very nice in the movie.

I enjoy the part where the word "Sono" shows up, it means "sleep" in Portuguese.
    Portugal yeeeeeeee
    he he he

There was one sequence that i hate, the guy in the jungle in the trees like tarzan.... what a stupid thing, how can they do such a sequence....?

But overall i like it.
    A500 - A600 - A1200

Downloads
    Uploads
    The 'Tarzan' scene was a nod to Return Of The Jedi.

Which is odd, as the scene from RotJ was a nod to Tarzan!!!
    This is not a signature