Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GTA beater????

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Pfft, here, you either get on a bus or train. Or tram. Or walk.
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    In the UK we have a lot of engineering works always going on with the rail network, so you often have to be stopped at a station and taken part of the way by bus, before getting back on a train for the rest of the journey.

Or people live too far to walk to the train station.

And in general our public transport isn't that great in the UK. It's normally good if you live in a city or large town, but go outside into the rural areas and you have very limited services. For example where I grew up in the New Forest (Hampshire) we had one bus per hour running from 8am till 6pm. Before or after those hours you couldn't get public transport anywhere and so if you didn't have a car you needed to either walk, cycle or book a taxi. And the nearest town being 5 miles away.

That was a nightmare when I was growing up. If I wanted to meet friends in Southampton I would either have to go home around 6pm which wasn't good, or try to arrange transport with parents or if we were lucky a friend who could drive.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Damn that sucks man! why was it so poorly organised??
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is the state of public transport in the UK. It has been for many years now and everyone is always moaning about it.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    (Warning. Beginning of rant)
    Years of neglect and then privatisation destroyed the british public transport system. It now costs the taxpayer more to run rural public transport than it did when the government ran the public transport and only a few companies get the subsidised routes due to backhanders.

(All clear. Rant over.)
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner View Post
    I see that it's a german game, usually the japanese are quite addicted to such simulations. I know that I once had a train simulation similar to this one, and those games sell very well in Japan.
    Japanese go CRAZY for this shit. Apparently similar things can be found in arcades

Quote Originally Posted by Submeg View Post
    Partly due to the hub and spoke nature of the transport system (as H said, in cities it's fine, but out in the sticks it's bad). And whoever mentioned privatisation and destroying the services - damn straight. It's made a real mess of things. See also post office.

Deadly VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by J T View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner View Post
    I see that it's a german game, usually the japanese are quite addicted to such simulations. I know that I once had a train simulation similar to this one, and those games sell very well in Japan.
    Japanese go CRAZY for this shit. Apparently similar things can be found in arcades

Quote Originally Posted by Submeg View Post
    Partly due to the hub and spoke nature of the transport system (as H said, in cities it's fine, but out in the sticks it's bad). And whoever mentioned privatisation and destroying the services - damn straight. It's made a real mess of things. See also post office.
    See also everything privatised by the government.
    Gits.
    Sam440EP & AOS4.1, 250 gig SATA HD & DVD Rewriter.

Towered A1200 3.1 rom, OS3.9 and OS4.0
    PPC 166 mhz 060 50mhz, 192 meg.
    Buffered Interface, 40 & 80 gig HDs, CD & DVD Rewriters.
    Mediator 1200TX, Voodoo 5500, Radeon ATI 9200, Audio, USB, Ethernet, TV/FM.
    Card reader and 19" TFT Monitor.