Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ebay feedback

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

Ebay feedback

Got a wierd one. Yesterday my feedback rating went up by one even though nobody left any feedback. I'm almost hoping it goes up by one each day for no reason then my score will be great. Anyone else noticed this?
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

Poor Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Buleste View Post
    Got a wierd one. Yesterday my feedback rating went up by one even though nobody left any feedback. I'm almost hoping it goes up by one each day for no reason then my score will be great. Anyone else noticed this?
    I originally had a feedback score of 470 and now its shot up to 542.

It was announced sometime ago that ebay would be reviewing and overhauling there feedback system.
    I had been given a negative from a lamer because I complained about the extortionate post charges that he decided to charge me AFTER the auction had ended for an Amiga game. My feedback suffered for years because of that and try as I might was never able to get 100% again. I am now 100%

I think ebay are really trying hard to make ebay a good name as remember years ago the very mention, just by reputation alone, of buying from the site, would have people saying, are you insane or what !!!
    Amiga A1200 Desktop
    3.1 OS, 3.1 Roms
    4GB HD 2.5", 750MB EXT HD
    CD ROM, 1GB CF (PCMCIA)
    Blizzard 1230 MK4 + FPU & 128 MB RAM

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes I noticed this yesterday too. My Feedback went up by about 10 when I logged in.

Also I had 1 negative feedback like Castelle mentions and so my feedback was always displayed as about 98.7% which was unfair because the negative feedback was given to my account after I had first left some on the other member's account for not sending me an item I had already paid for.

But now eBay are working out feedback based on the last 12 months, instead of for the whole life of your account (which for me is 8 years). This is much fairer as it gives a truer representation of your current standing on eBay.

I'm not sure why the feedback went up though. Are the new counting multiple feedback from the same member if you had sold to them more than once as individual feedback towards your total? Before regardless of the number of feedback received from a single member it only counted as 1 feedback towards your total score.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Poor Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    Yes I noticed this yesterday too. My Feedback went up by about 10 when I logged in.
    I'm not sure why the feedback went up though. Are the new counting multiple feedback from the same member if you had sold to them more than once as individual feedback towards your total? Before regardless of the number of feedback received from a single member it only counted as 1 feedback towards your total score.
    Interesting thought that Harrison, I thought that because you had traded so much over the year with no negatives or neutrals you were being "awarded" for being a good little boy or girl !
    Amiga A1200 Desktop
    3.1 OS, 3.1 Roms
    4GB HD 2.5", 750MB EXT HD
    CD ROM, 1GB CF (PCMCIA)
    Blizzard 1230 MK4 + FPU & 128 MB RAM

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just checked mine and i think it has gone up. It is now 165.

Did anyone here about ebay's plans to not allow sellers to leave negative feedback to buyers? I'm not sure what happened to that.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've not heard anything about that, but if it is true then that is a very bad idea. How would a seller warn others of a bad buyer? And in turn how would a buyer ever receive any negative feedback?

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Coates View Post
    Did anyone here about ebay's plans to not allow sellers to leave negative feedback to buyers? I'm not sure what happened to that.
    I heard about it in February. Needless to say as most of my ebaying is selling i'm not happy even though i've never left a buyer negative feedback.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I did read something about plans to force people to use Paypal as the only payment option (with the exception of cars I think). Seems absolutely ridiculous - anything that sold for a few quid was OK by cheque but with PP fees it doesn't seem worth doing anymore and is more likely to leave the seller out of pocket.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Multiple sells also count now! mine has gone from 609 to 640!

So each sell/buy you make counts, weather or not you have brought from the person b4 or not!

This is better, as I tend to buy certian things on a regular basis from the same sellers!
    :thumbs: Amiga, Wii Amiga on wii! SORTED! :thumbs:
    [img]http://www.my-wii.co.uk/wiibanner.jpg[/img]

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mine hasnt changed at all, it is still only 70...

Grrr.... Grumble.... Moan.... B17ch.... Complain....
    This is not a signature