Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Harmless Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    So of the two boxes listed in the first couple of posts, which is recommended for general Amiga use and can you get them on ebay/online?
    [url]www.aukug.co.uk[/url] - Amiga UK User Group

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Either of the original two boxes are available on ebay, plus a couple more similar ones. It can sometimes be hard on ebay finding the right keywords to use to locate them when searching, but TV upscaling or TV to VGA often finds some.

The only problem with using these boxes is that unless you do some hardware hacks on the actual Amiga motherboard you have to connect the Amiga to these units using the composite out and this isn't a great quality video output compared to real RGB. But it is better than using a modulator.

These boxes do however have a big advantage over using just the composite out from the Amiga directly into a TV. These boxes deinterlace the interlaced screenmodes the Amiga can use. This means higher resolutions on the Amiga, on a PC monitor with no flicker. Very useful.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Any news about this?
    anyone have any similar thing working with the Miggy? And games? what happend to that 15mhz mode? Did it work in Pc monitor with the adapter?
    A500 - A600 - A1200

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Zetr0 uses one of these boxes so he is the best one to ask/answer.

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Support@geniatech.com just inform me that:

question:
    Hello from Portugal,
    i would like to ask you the following question about V2VPRO:

I have (like so many friends in Portugal and Uk), na old Commodore Amiga that we use with TV or special monitors. The video output, is RGB or composite but is a 15mhz signal, for playing games it works with 15mhz, to programs/software and operating system it can work higher then 15mhz, but not for games, they are created using different display features and they will not work correctly in a pc monitor. I would like to now if this machine will put the 15mhz image on a pc monitor without flicker?
    Do you have any product that can do it?

Thanks
    Tiago

Answer
    "V2Vpro can not support, sorry"
    Last edited by Tiago; 8th January 2009 at 13:11. Reason: Double posting - posts have been automerged
    A500 - A600 - A1200

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Remember that a lot of people outside of the UK/Europe haven't ever heard of the Amiga. I have some Chinese friends and they hadn't even heard of Commodore. And most sellers are only shifting stock, not offering to support what they are selling.

If the item has it's specification listed we should be able to work out if it will work though.

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Look at this one, seller says it is good to connect CD32 to a pc monitor.
    CD32 has the samevideo system as A1200 right?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Connect-XBOX-P...3A1|240%3A1318
    A500 - A600 - A1200

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That auction says any system with any S-video inputs.

The CD32 is slightly different because it has S-video as standard (although you can add an SVideo port to an A1200 in theory but it would be hard and require internal modification). And it also has the Akiko chip. Other than that though, yes they are the same.

You need to try and get the make and model of the box that seller is selling to see if you can then find the full specs of the box. It might not even flicker fix interlaced images which wouldn't be as useful for Amiga use.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Digging this thread out of the cobwebs because... well, I need answers!!!

I'm not sure how it happened, but I have, after almost two decades, been rebitten by the Amiga bug. (Actually, I know *exactly* why, it's because completely out of the blue one of my group's musicians from Finland contacted me on Facebook... but that's neither here nor there). I haven't kept up to date on anything, nor am I any sort of technical guru (I built a hackintosh, but had to have step by step instructions for it!)

Anyways, long story short... I'm now living in America, and on the lookout for a PAL A1200, but am having the typical nightmares trying to find something I can connect it to. There are some 1084s monitors for sale on ebay, but the things are bulky, surprisingly (well, not surprising, really) expensive, and it seems a bit stupid that I should have to resort to something like that when I have a top of the line Apple Cinema display, as well as assorted LCD monitors in the garage.

All of which is a long way of asking... did anything ever come of this? Or are my only two options either buying a 1084S for about $100+ shipped, or picking up a flicker fixer/scan doubler to use on my target monitor (Dell UltraSharp 1800FP)