Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Above Average Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I plan to spend a little week in the Ardennes with my wife during the fall, i'll jump on the occasion ^_-

(I remember now for Luxembourg, you already told me. My memory isn't what it once was )

Wiseguy Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I prefer danish beers, Carlsberg is very good, but I get extremely hung over on it. Even if I haven't had that many. No idea why. Tuborg is also very good though, and is what I usually drink when out. When just having a cold one at home, I go for the norwegian non-alcoholic Munkholm. Yes non-alcoholic. It tastes like a cold beer should, and I don't have to worry about driving after having had one.

A couple of weeks ago Porsgrunn's annual beer festival was held. And like a good citizen of Porsgrunn I attend every year. It's not actually much of a festival, more an enclosed area of the town with lots of beer stands selling beers you don't normally see around here. Most people treat the festival as an excuse to get wasted on something other than the stuff they usually get wasted on.

Among my hazy recollections of this year's event, I do remember getting my hands on something I think was called Greenwhich Brown. It may have been called something else but similar sounding though. Anyway, that the people of Britain drink enough of this stuff that it survives as a label kind of worries me. But not nearly as much as the thought of what else do the british people drink that make this stuff seem not so bad!?

I also remember getting something I don't remember the name of other than it was kind of witchy sounding and had a scarecrow on the label. It definitely seemed british as well. It didn't actually taste so bad, but you had to chew each mouthful fifteen times before you could swallow. I was full before I was halfway through the bottle.

That's all that left an impression this year really. Or enough of an impression that it remained with me after the weekend was over.

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Teho View Post
    Among my hazy recollections of this year's event, I do remember getting my hands on something I think was called Greenwhich Brown. It may have been called something else but similar sounding though. Anyway, that the people of Britain drink enough of this stuff that it survives as a label kind of worries me. But not nearly as much as the thought of what else do the british people drink that make this stuff seem not so bad!?
    Usually badly made copies of Carlsberg, Stella Artois etc. If it was called Greenwich
    it's bound to be bad as Londoners wouldn't be able to tell a good beer from piss thats why they drink so much badly made lager.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Proper Brown Ale is quite nice. I've sometimes drunk that when I've spotted it in a pub.

Out of choice I always go for Guinnes Extra Cold, or Murphys. But also like Cider and some beers. Beer is definitely the best when it is a very hot day. A couple of bottles of Cobra with a BBQ is great.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    During some years I only drank Cider, but here you can only get a handful of different brands, mostly you get Strongbow, but that's Ok, it tastes great.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't like Strongbow the most. I prefer Balmers or Magners. There is also a local cider called Merrydown which is very nice.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Downloads
    Uploads
    ...or best reply this month?
    I wouldn't nominate best reply. That's just silly. Awards should go to best topics.

Silly?

Why?

Well, anyone can make a good reply, but it takes a smart individual to create a good thread. The guest shouldn't get all the credit in someone else's house!

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by khaxzan View Post
    ...or best reply this month?
    I wouldn't nominate best reply. That's just silly. Awards should go to best topics.

Silly?

Why?

Well, anyone can make a good reply, but it takes a smart individual to create a good thread. The guest shouldn't get all the credit in someone else's house!
    I don't think everyone can make a good reply. Look at me for example. Over 2000 posts and I've never won. Oh the shame
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

Deadly Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    @Submeg

dont sound bitter my friend.... in time.... you could win.... after Buleste and V85 lose their accounts

[Zetr0: Scarpers off for a bit of Database Hackery.....]
    If i had a hammer, I would hammer in the morning, i would hammer in the evening, i would hammer all day

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hah! You wouldn't dare!!!

[sneaks off to create an alternative i.d. just in case]
    This is not a signature