Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Coffee

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads

Coffee

Anyone here got any recomendations on coffee?

I'm getting a little bit bored with supermarkets own brand coffee, especially after having alots of filter coffees and espresso based coffees from shops like Marks & Spencers and Costa, which have been very nice, if not a little expensive (I wonder how much profit costa make out of a £2.35 medium latté).

Wiseguy Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    No idea if you can get Friele in England, but if you can, try it. Best coffee in the world.

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    well, here in Portugal, and also in Italy, we have the best coffe in the world!!!
    Both contries have the biggest traditions related to coffee.
    Portugal started when we reached Brazil, Angola etc...

Coffe is good for 3 things:

- Machine brand, the best brand is "Cimbanilo" (Italy) used only for expressos, you can see it in coffes shops/restaurants in Portugal/Italy. This machine use water with high pressure to take a good caffe. It is big, +/- 1 meter large, the bigger ones can take 6 coffees in a row. In Italy/Portugal in a normal day in the morning a coffee shop with a machine like this take around 600 coffes in a single hour.
    Small machines can produce a very good coffee to.
    Nespresso from Nestle is probably the best one.

- coffe brand (not so important as the machine, belive it !)
    In Portugal "Delta" should be the best one"
    In Italy, there are 4 or 5 excellent brands, i like segafredo.

-water (very very important), if the water is to much clean and pure it will not take good coffees. Do not use water from bottles, is no good, it has to be from your normal canalization.

Dont forget, the greatest coffee is allways expresso, and it should be very small cup.
    Smaller means stronger or more concentrated.
    A500 - A600 - A1200

Deadly Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    for regualr (at home instant coffee) *i can hear Taigo wincing at that*

I would recomend, Nescafe, Gold Blend... there is no other instant as good... Also their decafe version is perfect in taste too.... all though i end up with caffine withdrawal symptoms though.

I would also like to suggest Cart Noir make a nice roast too for instant... available from any supermarket.

when imma out and about then normaly i go with a strong arabic blend in a latte'
    If i had a hammer, I would hammer in the morning, i would hammer in the evening, i would hammer all day

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Zetr0 View Post
    I would recomend, Nescafe, Gold Blend... there is no other instant as good.
    I disagree - much prefer Nescafe's Black Gold or Alta Rica.

I disagree with you all TETLEY tea rules

if i'm forced a coffee i'll have either nescafe or kenco.
    A1200 : Blizzard 030 / 4gb 2.5" Hd /64mb Edo ram/1 gb compact flash - pcmcia / internal scan doubler / Trilogic joystick mouse adaptor (works with pc optical mice) 17" Black Samtron samsung monitor...

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Rules for coffee.
    1. NEVER drink instant. It's the work of the Devil.
    2. Coffee should only be strength 4 or 5. Anything else is pointless.
    3. Coffee is made by adding boiling water onto coffee grounds and then after a few minutes the liquid is poured into a mug and milk and sugar can be added. NOTHING ELSE.
    After that it is up to personal taste as to which bean, country to try.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I believe Nescafe Gold Blend is what we have in the machines at college. I would say it is nice for instant coffee, but I only tend to drink proper coffee at home.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've never been able to stand any Nescafe instant coffee. It is probably the worst tasting instant coffee in the world from my point of view. For instant coffee I always buy Douwe Egberts. And normally the Pure Gold one, but sometimes the stonger Pure Indulgence.

But at home I prefer to make coffee in a cafetière, and normally I buy Costa Rican, Kenyan or Colombian Waitrose coffee.

However if I'm out I normally buy Espresso and I would love to have my own espresso machine at home (I keep trying to add one to the wedding list but I've not managed it yet! )

As for decaffeinated coffee. Why? What is the point in that? I refuse to drink the stuff! It's nearly as bad as skimmed milk!

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have to disagree Douwe Egberts tastes like floor sweepings to me. It must be something to do with the vacuum sealing. Decaffinated is about as much use as Boris Johnson or non alcaholic beer or Low fat anything.
    Destroy all Starbucks and the clones of Starbucks they take all the joy in drinking coffee and it's impossible to get a normal strong cup of coffee without any sort of "extras".
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD