Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Coffee

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Update on coffee.

I have been drinking Marks and Spencer's coffee for the last couple of years. Also had some Waitrose coffee. Both are lovely. I tend to have the Italian blend from M&S. With a little bit of sugar.

But, I have recently changed. I decided to get M&S' decaffeinated Columbian coffee. I wasn't sure what I would think of it, but it is really nice. Can't drink it with any sugar though.

I changed to decaffeinated coffee as I think I was drinking too much caffeine. It sometimes made my stomach feel funny and made me go to the toilet too much. I don't seem to be getting any withdrawal symptoms, but drinking decaffeinated coffee certainly feels 'different' to drinking normal coffee.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    For instant coffee I've recently been drinking Kenco Costa Rican and it has become my favourite. For peculated I often go for Waitrose also, but like to explore different makes from various regions. We did try some that was reduced in Home Scene recently from Italy and that was horrible.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I never drink instant. One of teh few joys I have in my life is drinking good real coffee from here. They aren't the cheapest or the fastest to deliver but their Mocha Sidamo is pure heaven. Couldn't survive the day without it.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I got a Nespresso coffee machine about one year ago (remember the commercial with Clooney?), and I have to admit that all of their coffees (espressos) taste really fine. Sometimes they have a limited edition for 3 months, which also was always good so far. Not drinking coffee every day though.

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    My grandparents got a Nespresso machine a few years back. The coffee was lovely , but it never worked properly. The coffee grounds would come through into the cup. The manufacturer took it back to check it out and sent a courtesy machine, but that did the same thing. They then got their machine back and it still did it. I was never sure why but after they had wasted a load of coffee on it, they sent it back for a refund.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Strange, I never had these problems. Did they use the original coffee capsules? Because I once tried some from another brand, and it was a bit pain to get them out of the machine again, quite similar looking, but not exactly the same shape as the original.

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep, they were the original Nespresso capsules. It is a shame they had the problem as the coffee was lovely.

ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

Snake Champion, Invasion Champion Puni/Void's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Got capsules at the office now. It is soon 2015, so I guess we are lagging behind.
    Classicamiga.com Moderator/Demoscene Admin
    Member of the Amiga demo group Void
    Admin of Old School Game Blog

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been enjoying a couple of really nice instant coffees lately.

Nescafe Barista style - a blend of instant and ground beans.

Kenko Millicano - if you like strong dark roast.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    What capsules do you have Puni?

I'm still on the Marks and Spencers Italian blend. I did try and change to decaffinated a few years ago, but that didn't work out. I just try and drink the regular coffee a bit less these days.

I don't have instant at home (no point really), but my Dad has had some of that stuff where they mix some regular coffee with instant. Can't remember the particular type that he had, but he did once mis-pronounce it as 'al jazeera'. That was quite good.