Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Which version should I get, PS3 or 360, I heard both had slightly different content, but I don't know what exactly?

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I GOT A COPY!

It was easy, just popped into the game shop this morning and voila! I don't know why people were stressing so much. But then, I still can't get a copy of mariokart for the wii

Which version should I get, PS3 or 360, I heard both had slightly different content, but I don't know what exactly?
    I hear the 360 version is better - but there are so many people interested in furthering the 'console wars' it may not be so easy to tell until people you trust have had a go to compare. I have no PS3 so can't offer that view, and you probably might not want to hear my glib flippancy anyway .

I'm looking forward to multiplayer with the guys over at BEEX. I guess a lot of it depends on which console you have the most friends - multiplayer with people you 'know' is a whole lot better than with randoms.

Did you ever get the 360 friend request I sent you DC? I think you're still showing up as pending (it's no worry if you don't want to accept, just say so that I can clear it off the list).

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Now if I can't pick up hoes this time.... lol
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

The Darth Popsicle! VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner View Post
    According to most reviews so far, the PS3 version is 'technically' better, as it has less pop-in, faster load times, better anti-aliasing, a cleaner look and slightly better framerate.

M$, however, has secured the rights to some exclusive downloadable content. It remains to be seen whether this is temporary or not, though.

So, basically, it's a matter of what you consider more important, I suppose.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JT
    Did you ever get the 360 friend request I sent you DC? I think you're still showing up as pending (it's no worry if you don't want to accept, just say so that I can clear it off the list).
    Oops, that's you?? I told Oz that I have a friend request, but I didn't know it was you, don't know your ID. And I also have to say that the console is almost always switched off.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner View Post
    Oops, that's you?? I told Oz that I have a friend request, but I didn't know it was you, don't know your ID. And I also have to say that the console is almost always switched off.
    Ha ha, yes 'Sir Taxalot' is my 360 tag. I'm on there a fair bit, although at the weekend we picked up WiiFit and I played Mario Galaxy for the first time this year and remembered just why I liked it so much. Lots of games, but not enough time....

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Next time I'll switch the console on, I will reply to your request and add you to my friends.

Another thing I want to mention about which version to get: Isn't it more meaningful to get games that are released on both consoles, on the PS3, so far they seem to be more reliable, and don't get a RSOD? Any thoughts? No anti Sony now please.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not having both consoles I can't give opinion from experience but if the games are identical (or practically as near as, which seems to be the case when hyperbole is set aside) I'd go for the one which more contacts have, so I have a greater choice of people to play online with/against.

With my 360 I have to say I'm really not too concerned about the RROD. if it happens it happens, it's covered under warranty and I bought it to use it. That's not to say I want it to happen.... I'd be pissed off if it did.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep, no point worrying if something might happen. If you were constantly worried that using something might break it then why buy it in the first place? It would be like buying a car and never driving it in case it breaks down.

As for which version to buy. I've been reading that the PS3 version is technically superior and for that reason I would pick that one. As for exclusive content. M$ have always used that term with the Xbox consoles and it has never meant exclusive as in only ever released for that console. They use it to promote content available for the Xbox before any other console. It's very likely the PS3 will see exactly the same content shortly after and probably eventually much more.

One question I have that I haven't read anything about. Thanks to the PS3's much larger storage media have they utilised this at all to include more music? Or is the default selection of tracks the same on both platforms? I understand more tracks will be available for download too.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Liking the game, the characters are funny :P stupid idiot cousin...
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/