I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

Are they joking?????

I've just read this news report and had to double check the date.

Die Hard star Bruce Willis is tipped to play Formula One commentator Murray Walker on the big screen.

According to newspaper reports, the Hollywood actor will play Murray in a forthcoming film about the life of Formula One champion Michael Schumacher.

In the film, the character is expected to narrate the tale as well as feature alongside Schumacher.

Willi Weber, a former Formula One champion and Schumacher's agent said: "Bruce Willis would certainly do Murray justice."

Weber added: "A Hollywood producer is interested. It would be called The Michael Schumacher Story, with him as the main actor."

Walker was the voice of the BBC's Formula One coverage for almost half a century until he switched when ITV won the rights.

Walker admitted to being a bit "shell-shocked" when he found out that Bruce Willis was going to play him in the film.

He said: "I had to make sure when looking at the calendar that it was April 25 not April 1."

He said jokingly: "I always regarded Bruce Willis as a mirror image of myself, don't you know...a much younger version though."
    I don't know which is worse. A film about Schumacher (I still say he gained to World championships by deliberatly crashing into his rivals) or Bruce Willis talking like Murrey
    Walker. "And now. speeding. up. the. red. carpet. comes. Bruce. Willis. And he's off. He's off. He's into Pamela Andresons Tire Wall. Who would have thought that?"
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is quite mad and hard to believe. Bruce Willis is the last person I would have picked in the whole world to play a commentator! Have they actually listened to the dialogue in any of his films?

What would be wrong with using Murry himself?

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    What would be wrong with using Murry himself?
    The same reason he quit commentating. He's getting on and his memory is terrible. bit like me.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    But his memory was always like that. Again, did you ever listen to his commentary?

Actually... thinking about it that is probably why they picked Willis! He has no clue about F1 so is probably the perfect choice! (no disrespect to Murry, he is still brilliant).

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!