Thread: Squigs

Squigs

Imagine...imagine, if you will, a time of fun and plenty, when summer days were long and the holidays even longer.

It was a sunny day and I was sat in the front room playing Squigs off a coverdisk with my friend. In walks my sister, her best friend, and her best friend's boyfriend. He looked at the TV, and said "I wrote that". I looked at him, and he said "Look, that's my name on the credits. And Amanda's initials are in the hiscore list".

Amazingly, it was all true. And if you check the info page, "Amanda B", playtester, was actually my sister's best friend.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is quite cool

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Jon Hibbins? He must have visited Classicamiga at some point, as the screenshot he uploaded to Wikipedia looks like this:

Apparently there was another (non-coverdisk) version with music included. Can't find it in the TOSEC, I wonder if this still exists somewhere.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I remember discovering that some time ago. Quite cool to see some of our screenshots used by the original author.

It is however a shame that he just saved the thumbnail images instead of the full sized ones for the Wiki entry. Obviously didn't know how to get around the lightbox popup window.

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    As we mentioned before, I really enjoyed the 'rescue' or 'help' mode.

I can still hear the sound effects too (may have been samples from elsewhere, sure I have heard them before).

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well found JT. I couldn't remember if we had discovered it on here or the old forum. Just goes to show how short our memories are becoming now we are getting old!