Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PS2 RPG list

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not all that far. I've only played about 10 hours in total so far as I've been doing too much else including the site. I hopefully will have more time to play it soon.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Average Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    this reminds me dragons quest is coming to the DS and Wii now cant wait for that there hasnt been one on nintendo for years and im not sure if they were ever released in UK, big blow for Sony though as they are the Japanese favourite rpg apparently.
    [URL="http://www2.b3ta.com/heyhey16k/"]Hey Hey 16k by Rob Manuel[/URL] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The DS has been seeing quite a few RPGs released recently. Most are old school remakes though, but RPGs are always good for a platform. The PSP does have a few good RPGs, plus it now has access to the complete PS1 back catalogue, but it could do with some more decent new RPG releases.

Not all bad news for Sony though as the release of FF12 in the US saw it outsell most other games that month and the PS2 sales were very high in November which is quite surprising considering the PS3 was just about to be released at the time. It shows that a platform doesn't sell just because of it's technical ability and hardware, but due to the games available.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    It shows that a platform doesn't sell just because of it's technical ability and hardware, but due to the games available.
    That is so true, why did I buy a PSX?? Mainly to play some cool RPGs, and not because I wanted a console. And now I completely changed from computer freak to consolero, never thought that would happen, so's life.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do you know anything about an RPG called Rebirth Moon? I see it is released in Japan, but no mention of a US release.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was already released in Nov 2005 in JP, but I don't know if a release in the US is planned. Perhaps they have some info about it at RPGamer or RPGFan, which I cannot reach from here (you know why).

I also have an RPG called Judie No Atelier, an RPG of the Atelier series (Atelier Iris). I also have the JP version, as I didn't know it was the JP release. But there's no info about a US release either. It's a really old school RPG, so there's no rush to get it, as I have some of those still to play, and they rank very last in my "have to play" list.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hope you don't mind. I just edited the original list to resort it into alphabetical order to make it easier to look through. I also added a couple of extra games to the list. Plus I have also added an unreleased/japan only game list at the bottom so we can update both lists easier.

I've also added another list of games to my post under the main list containing other games that are in the RPG/Adventure/Action genres but not fully fitting into the true RPG genre. Just so we have a complete list for everyone to use.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner View Post
    I also have an RPG called Judie No Atelier, an RPG of the Atelier series (Atelier Iris). I also have the JP version, as I didn't know it was the JP release. But there's no info about a US release either. It's a really old school RPG, so there's no rush to get it, as I have some of those still to play, and they rank very last in my "have to play" list.
    I just looked that up on IGN and it is being listed as the 4th game in the Atelier series, and it's full title is Judie no Atelier: Alchemist of Gramnad It also seems to of had at least 3 Japanese releases including the original release, a Premium Box edition and a budget re-release. Strange with so many re-releases that they haven't decided to do a western release considering it must be popular to get re-releases and also that the other Atelier games got a release.

IGN also states Rebirth moon is Japan only release with no intention of a western release. Shame as the story behind this game sounds quite interesting. I may download the Japanese release just to take a look though.

In fact, now that I am close to completely collecting all games on that list (I have 5 still to find) I think I may start to seek out and collect all of the Japanese and Asia only RPG releases for the PS2 next!

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hope you don't mind. I just edited the original list to resort it into alphabetical order to make it easier to look through.
    No problem, better overview.
    I also added a couple of extra games to the list.
    Which ones? I only want the games in the list which I have, and when you add some, I think I'll already have them, and don't d/l them.
    Plus I have also added an unreleased/japan only game list at the bottom so we can update both lists easier.
    Good idea, so if they get released, we can move them to the list above.
    In fact, now that I am close to completely collecting all games on that list (I have 5 still to find) I think I may start to seek out and collect all of the Japanese and Asia only RPG releases for the PS2 next!
    Would be an idea, but that is only for the hardcore collector

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I will highlight the ones I added in blue so you can quickly see which I added.